DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice on camera wobble

Buzz

Reactions
After some advice as to how I should try and cure my camera wobble, or is it something I should speak to DJI about?

Gimble has been calibrated and is correctly seated where it should be (tabs tucked under where they should be).

Heres a video with three short clips, theres a wobble in each!

Reactions: harfordhawk
If you watch the forward motion of the video in each clip, you'll see that the jerk happens just prior to the movement slowing or stopping. The gimbal on the MP is not able to completely compensate for the aggressive 'reverse-thrust' the MP applies when you quickly let go of the sticks. Particularly when going forward fast, and simply letting go, the front of the MP will snap up. That's what your seeing. Try slowly releasing the stick. There's also the ability to dampen the braking response using settings - but I have not played with that.

Reactions: Buzz and Dmbrody
At first I thought it was going to be Jello and I was going to tell you to get an ND filter.

But after seeing the video, I agree with @erkme73

Try adjusting your braking distance. Goto settings.
Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings > Sensitivity. Then adjust the Brake slider. Be careful and experiment in the open. If you soften it up too much, you might find yourself slamming into trees because it takes too long to brake.

I need to change this setting as well, it is even more pronounced for me trying to video surfers here in hawaii. With wind and fast moving surfers, I find myself needing to be in sport mode, so this problem is terribly worse for me during those times if I am unable to smoothly fly. Thank you for sharing this braking setting. I'd like to turn it down a bit and hope the stopping angle is less aggressive for the gimbal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50