DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerial Mapping / Drone Deploy with Mavic Pro

CarloLM

Reactions
Hello,

Has anyone used the Mavic Pro for aerial mapping? I was going to try to use Drone Deploy but I don't think it has support yet for the Mavic Pro. There was a thread on Drone Deploy about this, but not clear if they're release support for the Mavic Pro yet.

Hi Carlo,

DroneDeploy does support the Mavic Pro. You can map with it, they just need to update their website with documentation. In the meantime, there are discussions happening around it in their forum: DroneDeploy Forum

Thanks, I tried before but not connecting. Just tried again now and ran a mission, all working. Thanks.

What type of results have you guys got using dronedeploy with the Mavic?

Can you post anything? Would be really interested to see what it could do.

Got okay results, been having issues with focus on first flight, can't seem to get a consistent answer with how you go about setting focus

Does the focus not stay fixed when you click on something or click on the horizon to enable focus to infinity?

Does drone deploy not prefer fixed focus?

I haven't got my mavic yet so I've can't try it out.

I have used Drone deploy and maps made easy, both are free to a certain level, DD has a monthly based fee system, MME has a pay as you go plan. Both fly the drone great, I personally prefer the MME.

Hi Carlo,
I've had an issue yesterday trying to map/3D a smal place. "Error: -5020" came up while running through the preflight checklist and the Mavic was not able to load up and follow the generated waypoints[emoji15]. As I'm new on DD... Is DD a stand-allone-App or is it nessessary to have a setup via DJO Go first. It looked like both Apps interfere each other on simultanious use?!? No more buttons on the left etc. So I didn't manage to run the mission at all[emoji30]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98