DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

after latest Mavic FW

wombat

Reactions
my Mavic drifts to the right, I have done a compass calibrate, any other suggestions welcome.

my Mavic drifts to the right
Please tell us some more about this. What exactly does it do? Can you repeat this behavior every time?

As I go forward it tends to drift to the right, it was ok before the upgrade, have only flown it once so will check it again and see if it happens and get back here as soon as I have done that.

just thinking it may have been the wind, it was on the strong side.

just thinking it may have been the wind, it was on the strong side
That could be the case. Give it another shot and see what happens.

thanks guys for your help again, did as suggested and all ok now.

must have been the wind

thanks guys for your help again, did as suggested and all ok now.

must have been the wind

Mate I'm having the exact same problem with my Mavic! What specific steps did you take to fix your drift issue? Cheers!

This is what I did, but I do think it was strong wind
I'm flying in conditions with no wind (20m off the ground but enough foliage around to notice whether there's wind or not), but I will give the compass and IMU calibration a crack in the morning and see how we go. Thanks again!

Turn OA off in strong wind conditions

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app
Doesn't the OA only kick in when it's within 15m of an obstacle? I've tested this **** drifting in open areas (paddocks) in no wind, not flying into sun, decent altitude etc to try and give it the most easiest flight available, but still no luck.

Doesn't the OA only kick in when it's within 15m of an obstacle? I've tested this **** drifting in open areas (paddocks) in no wind, not flying into sun, decent altitude etc to try and give it the most easiest flight available, but still no luck.
OA limits the forward ground speed and pitch of the Mav. The pitch can be the real killer that allows it to drift away instead of assuming the pitch and thrust required to hold position in strong winds.

Your calm wind conditions drifting sounds like ATTI mode or compass..

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: taryn
Update:

Long story short: I have a Garmin Fenix watch, and the compass on it was always active. Every time I calibrated the compass, it was most likely interfering. After removing watch I did a recalibration and now not one problem!

Update:

Long story short: I have a Garmin Fenix watch, and the compass on it was always active. Every time I calibrated the compass, it was most likely interfering. After removing watch I did a recalibration and now not one problem!

good you got it fixed, better than sending it back to DJI :)

Reactions: taryn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake