DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket propellers

mathieu

Reactions
I just received my propellers and I noticed that it is aftermarket . I did the hunt on ebay without realizing that they are aftermarket. They do not look like the same quality... Has anyone ever used them

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Don't use them. There are other threads on them. What you are not sure of is the design, weight and balance of them. Likely they would be fine however I would hate to lose a thousand dollar drone because a five dollar propeller failed.......

The other point to your statement is that the aftermarket props are from all different sources etc etc so even if someone is using the aftermarket they bought, they may not be the same as the ones you bought so back to my first comment !

Reactions: MavicMo
Don't use them. There are other threads on them. What you are not sure of is the design, weight and balance of them. Likely they would be fine however I would hate to lose a thousand dollar drone because a five dollar propeller failed.......

The other point to your statement is that the aftermarket props are from all different sources etc etc so even if someone is using the aftermarket they bought, they may not be the same as the ones you bought so back to my first comment !

I agree, to save 3$ each. Not a good move, i buy on dji store direct from app. Thank's proppilot

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have to echo the others here. Doesn't make sense to try to save a few dollars by hanging a thousand-dollar drone off some propellers of unknown quality and origins. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

Last edited:
I read one sellers say in smaller print in description "please allow 1-2 cm of variance"! WTF. No way would I mess with that over a a few bucks.

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

I agree also. I bought from dji. I would be worried of I had to use dji refresh and they wouldnt warranty with aftermarket propellers.

They're probably fine. 1-2 cm of variance is a bit much of margin for error even for a knock off, just measure them against the OEM ones. Although I've seen videos of a Mavic flying with 2cm cut off one of the props. The motor just revs more to compensate. Biggest issue is balance and whether it could cause more wear and tear in the longer term. If I had them and nothing else and there was an epic shot needing the Mavic in the air would I use them? He'ell yeah!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent