DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket Props

FlyAwayPTSD

Reactions
How do you guys feel about using aftermarket props?

I ordered a set on Amazon for pretty cheap to see how they are and comparatively they're identical except for the brightness on the white stripe. Thickness feels the same and I might actually trust these on the Mav.

I ordered a set on Amazon for pretty cheap to see how they are and comparatively they're identical except for the brightness on the white stripe.
Try bending them. They are a lot more flexible than OEM Mavic props.

As long as we are on the prop subject, does anyone know how the mp does at 10,000 to 13,000 feet. Planning a trip into Colorado in July and some of those peaks are way up!

Reactions: Prop_Nut
As I recall, the air pressure and the density of air drops off by about a factor of 2 for every 18,000 feet increase in altitude. So the density of air at an altitude of 12,000 feet should be about 63% that of air at sea level.

That is my concern. Some 8x5 or 8x6 props would be interesting to try.

Please tell me why you want to use aftermarket props on your Mavic? Seems like an unnecessary risk to me.

Reactions: dro-nz
As I recall, the air pressure and the density of air drops off by about a factor of 2 for every 18,000 feet increase in altitude. So the density of air at an altitude of 12,000 feet should be about 63% that of air at sea level.

I do not know what speeds or what battery life you can reach at sea level, all I am saying is that at this altitude I have observed speed up to 43 mph and a flight time of up to 23 min.
What you say makes sense to me, but if that is the case you should see greater speeds or flight times at sea level. Right?

I do not know what speeds or what battery life you can reach at sea level, all I am saying is that at this altitude I have observed speed up to 43 mph and a flight time of up to 23 min.
What you say makes sense to me, but if that is the case you should see greater speeds or flight times at sea level. Right?

Yes, I would expect greater speeds and flight times at sea level and slower speeds and smaller flight times at high altitudes where the propellers have to work much harder.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent