DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Encoder Error (0x800000)

dholy1

Reactions
I received my Mavic Pro yesterday, and I am getting the Air Encoder Error (0x800000) message. Have not even flown the drone yet. Just out of the box. I also cannot see anything on my iPhone that is attached to my controller. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Go 4 App, tried a different SD card, etc., without success. Also, there is no notification to upgrade any firmware. Any suggestions?

I also get a "No Image Transmission Signal" message.

I also haven't even flown it yet.

I received my Mavic Pro yesterday, and I am getting the Air Encoder Error (0x800000) message.
Do you still see that error message after removing the memory card from your Mavic and restarting everything?

Yes, I still get the same error message. So I don't think it is the SD card. This morning, I even tried installing DJI Go 4 to a different iPhone. When I did, I briefly saw a picture on the iPhone but then i got the same error message.

You could try upgrading the firmware and/or rolling it backit from the DJI Assistant 2 app. I don't think that's going to resolve this issue though based on threads I've seen over on the DJI Mavic forum. You will likely have to send in your Mavic for repair or return it and get a replacement (if that's an option).

I think you are probably correct. Frustrating!! We speak to tech support tomorrow.

Thanks for the posts.

Got the RMA and sent the Mavic back today. Now another waiting game....

Wow, I have exactly the same error aswell, received mine like week and a half ago..15th feb pretty sure+ ofcourse contacted them days ago+no reply yet. I got hopeful when seen a thread just seconds before this 1 and he had screen shot up and exactly the same thing+no picture etc+his fixed after taking out bigger memory card and replacing it back with 16gb card.Then a couple other posters said it help them out+ fixed theirs. Thats another thing with this defect it shows "no sd card" in 1 of the flying apps or possible both.I've tried just about everything at this point and am left wondering if i didn't want more storage room and put 64gb card in it may not of happened. But i bought good quility abote ultra rated sd which dji are i'm pretty sure. Mainly i'm annoyed at my bad luck getting a faulty unit. One other thing i am 2nd guessing if helped cause it to occur is like i said i received mid feb, well there was firmware update on feb 14th and with reading some threads of people having lots of fly aways end of jan i went ahead and updated. Anyway totally frustrated and expecting a mth to go and get back to me in Tasmania, Aust and with our exchange rate atm ur talking $2-$3 change from 2 grand with a couple extra batterys. And what for? plastic star trek model knock off.....lol. Welll if any dji reps can contact or help getting this moved along or praise him/her if out there someone thas knows how to fix safely ofcourse i would sooo appreciate it. thanks David.

oh also dholy1 how did u find easiest way to get RMA? they don't have Aus ph number but i might call USA.. If u don't mind me asking where you suggest

oh also dholy1 how did u find easiest way to get RMA? they don't have Aus ph number but i might call USA.. If u don't mind me asking where you suggest[/QUOTE

I tried everything from a new card to recalibrating, etc. and nothing worked so it went back. I called the US phone number. Wait times can be significant. It seems like they did not anticipate the demand for the product and they seem understaffed.

Now they have my mavic and they waiting for more inventory to come in to ship me a new one even though their web site indicates if I purchased one today, it would ship in 1-3 business days. More than frustrated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett