DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airbus A320 suffers near-miss incident above London with more than one drone in UK aviation first

'The crew is said to have remained “in constant visual contact” with the drones to avoid collision'

'Half an hour later, a Boeing B777 reported seeing “a large white drone, about two metres across and with four prongs” flying about 50 metres from the aircraft. It was believed to be one of the drones spotted earlier.'

How fast were these drones flying or how slow was the plane flying to remain in constant visual contact.

They were so big arsed drones at over 6 feet across, probably nearly 8 feet if you count the size of props needed to keep it in the air.

They should have no problem finding the guilty drone pilots, they will be the ones loading their 8 foot drones back into their large lorry ;-)

I'm very sceptical about stories like this. A drone at 5,000 ft????? What were the pilots doing whilst on approach to Heathrow being able to spot a drone 500 ft below them? The landing is the most intense time on a flight deck where instruments and radio communication are constantly having to be monitored whilst looking forward at the upcoming runway.. There's something fishy here and "it's not the smell of Baldrick's cooking" as was once eloquently stated.

If the drone was 500 meters below the planes flight path how could they see it? Let alone keep visual contact? Did they put glass decks in the Airbus now??,

If the drone was 500 meters below the planes flight path how could they see it? Let alone keep visual contact? Did they put glass decks in the Airbus now??,

He was inverted man . The co-pilot has a great polaroid of it .

I am impressed they could see it at 500m away, that's a big drone.. at 250m away I can no longer see the Mavic!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada