DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Disconnected Mid-Flight - Failure with RC due to Heat?

looopson

Reactions
I was flying my drone this afternoon when mid-flight the DJI Go app went blank and said "Aircraft Disconnected" at the top with all of the values on the screen gone to N/A. I forced close the DJI Go app, re-opened it, and it showed the same thing. Luckily the drone was within my line of sight so I was able to manually land it. When I brought it down, I turned the RC off and then turned it back on and the DJI app screen refreshed showing the "Aircraft Ready-to-Go".

This got me thinking, if this were to happen again and the aircraft was not within my line of sight, if I had to turn off the RC and turn it back on again, would the aircraft return to home at some point automatically because the connection with the RC was lost? I would hope that DJI built in some type of safe-guard in the case of RC failure and it wouldn't just sit up there.

I'm not sure what caused the failure but it was hot here today... almost 90 degrees, and the screen popped up about a device (not being specific) being too hot and not being able to charge (?) before that happened. I should have taken a screenshot of this error message. I couldn't tell whether it was a DJI error message or a Samsung error message but I'm almost positive it was smartphone battery related from the heat and perhaps it caused an error to the RC since it was plugged in at the time. When the aircraft landed, it was warm but not hot.

By the way, I am still using an older version of DJI Go v.4.0.7 so perhaps I should update my app at this point to the new version.... I am still using .400 firmware though and will keep it that way.

Last edited:
Hi. Disconnect the USB cable on the right side of the control and plug a new cable into the USB connector on the bottom of the control. If it does not disconnect more, you have a flaw in the USB cable.

I should mention I tried disconnecting the USB cable as well when this happened. The only thing that fixed it was turning off the controller and turning it back on. Hopefully it won't happen again but if it does, I would hope it would return home if I turned off the RC.

Yes, if you power off the RC the Mavic will initiate RTH. Once you are powered back up you can cancel the RTH if you want. Some people test the failsafe RTH function by doing this.

Reactions: looopson
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22