DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft disconnected midflight

Cylan

Reactions
Greetings,
So I need a little help. I took her up for a flight this morning, calibrated before taking off and about 5 minutes into the flight and about 2000 feet away I get aircraft disconnected. Patiently I wait for RTH to activate but it never does. I try restarting DJI GO 4, but it still comes back with aircraft disconnected. So I'm starting to panic thinking I'll never see this thing again. Then i look at my controller and see that i still have control. I'm about 380 feet up, and about 800 feet away. I start turning the aircraft until I can see the distance from me getting smaller.. finally I can see it and land it. However I am scared that this could happen again. Anyone have any ideas what might of gone wrong?

Edit:
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

It sounds like your connection to the phone is a little loose. It could be a bad cord.

I thought so too. So I tried reattaching them while it was still in the air and I still had aircraft disconnected. When I landed it. I restarted the aircraft and the app, and then I was able to see the video feed on the app.

I wanted to ask if you are using an Android device but then I saw your edit. Mystery solved. Many people have similar issues with Samsung devices running on Nougat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98