DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airport Travel

Cobrapyro

Reactions
Hello,
I'm sitting in Indianapolis International airport as we speak. Heading to Tampa Bay for Sig Sigma Training for one week. I brought my Mavic Pro with me so that I can try to get some nice footage in my free time. Never traveling with a drone before, I decided it would be a good idea to arrive early barring any problems. TSA didn't even blink an eye and didn't even check my batteries. I discharged them for the trip, but apparently it's not necessary.
Now I have to charge my batteries upon arrival and we all know the time it takes to do that. Fortunately, I brought my car charger as well, so I'll start charge as soon as I get into the rental car. Hope I don't have any issues with the police there. Anyone have any experience flying around Tampa Bay? What is the general consensus regarding flying drones there? Any feedback from anyone in that area is appreciated as well as any tips on where to fly would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Thats, what is this app your using?

That's Altitude Angel; but you could also use B4UFLY in the US for the same data, which is invaluable - each circle is a NFZ associated with an airport, an airfield, helicopter pad (inc hospitals) etc.

Thanks so much for the info. I can fly about half an hour south in St Petersburg with no issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e