DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Flew at -20F to capture what commuting in the cold can be like.

Did you shoot that with the mavic? How did it handle the -20?

The youtube title is "Relection Lake with DJI Mavic"... So I am guessing he shot it with the Mavic.

lol That's what I get for using tapatalk. Thanks.

Better question is, how did you handle the -20?
I was getting a low battery temp warning the entire flight. Probably from being in the truck of my car. I have since started to put handwarmers in my bag with the batteries. I was also getting a downward sensor error but I think that was from taking off in the snow. Neither warning effected the flight and the battery lasted longer than my frozen fingers....about 12 mins and still 25% left.

Reactions: JakeS
Yeah I bet your fingers didn't last long. I flew a bit at 10 above and about 15 min was all I could take. I usually leave my mavic on the floor in the passenger side so it's good and warm. Set it out put the battery in start it up and I let it hover for 1 minute then it's usually good to go. Keeping an eye on the battery temp mine seems to stay in the 22-25c range.

Reactions: MikeC
Yeah I bet your fingers didn't last long. I flew a bit at 10 above and about 15 min was all I could take. I usually leave my mavic on the floor in the passenger side so it's good and warm. Set it out put the battery in start it up and I let it hover for 1 minute then it's usually good to go. Keeping an eye on the battery temp mine seems to stay in the 22-25c range.
Yeah, I was not expecting to fly it. After driving through the fog, I decided it might be worth a view from above. I will keep the bag on my floorboard from now on...just in case. When I go out to ski or snow-shoe I throw a hand warmer in the bag, it helps.

Reactions: JakeS
Yeah, I was not expecting to fly it. After driving through the fog, I decided it might be worth a view from above. I will keep the bag on my floorboard from now on...just in case. When I go out to ski or snow-shoe I throw a hand warmer in the bag, it helps.

Yeah I plan to take mine out to the bush in a couple months out by the Cantwell area. I'm planning on bringing a bunch of hand warmers. The bridge is a great place to fly and shoot. I went down and did some shooting at beluga point too. That was fun out over the water. I'm looking forward to spring though

Reactions: MikeC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000