DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Albany / Capital District / Upstate New York

Not only is it about to rain but a 5k finish line is in the park. I walked up to a police officer and ask if it was ok to fly the Drone (just to see what he was going to say) and made him aware that I live in the house that it 10 feet from the park. He said, "Go ahead." I feel that the public and law enforcement are more relaxed on drones since the FAA stepped in.

Thank you but NO I DON'T... It's just smoke and mirrors. I have a lot of clips of me jerking the drone left and right, countless video wasted. But, the point is for me to keep fly so that I would get better. It if wasn't TOO windy I would be in the park flying now.

Did you hear the news the FAA lost in court now we do not need to register our drones unless you are licensed commercial

And for a hobbyist 400 feet is more of a guideline then a rule so that means we can fly over 400 feet it's just dangerous in my opinion

Not saying you want to but I have flown with my drone in 30+ mile an hour winds and it does great it just drains the battery a little bit faster

Earlier today I was talking to a sergeant with New York State troopers on the phone. He was returning my phone call that I left on Tuesday. Asked me to be careful but also to have fun. Yes me if I had any plans this weekend and I told him about this weekend. That I maybe flying near the Hudson river this weekend. He asked me (if I could) to stay away from one location because they'll be helicopters flying low.

After the phone call I was thinking that it may be nice to camp some type a committee with drawl hobbyist in law-enforcement. Maybe something like this could help make things better between the two communities.

Reactions: Slayerstwin

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa