DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Albany / Capital District / Upstate New York

yes...

I love flying in Washington Park! Yesterday I walked up to 6 Police Officers to ask if I can fly in the park during the *** Pride Fest (I had no clue it was happening). They said sure, go ahead and I was there for 45 minutes. And today I returned with a large police presents in the park, I begin to fly (this time with out ask if it was ok) and two Albany sheriffs walked right by me with my drone 15-20 feet near me. And I hear to one sheriff told the other "Look, a drone" and kept walking. Awesome!!!

Reactions: Mxs and Slayerstwin
Looking to meet up and fly. I'm in Albany, New York currently learning to fly in Washinton Park. I am looking to fly on the weekend and some days after 6 PM. Can travel to other location in the Capital District / Upstate New York. Hit me up and fly safe.

No I have not yet, still learning how to fly. I spend about a hour in Washington Park flying around and talking to one security guard who is watching booths at the park (Tulip Festival Saturday and Sunday) and I was answering all of his questions about the drone. He has one for about a year and never flown it yet. Seeing me fly my drone gave him the heart to fly his. I told him I will be at the park next Saturday and Sunday and that he was more than welcome to join me. It's raining this weekend so I hope to see him next week.
yes...

I love flying in Washington Park! Yesterday I walked up to 6 Police Officers to ask if I can fly in the park during the *** Pride Fest (I had no clue it was happening). They said sure, go ahead and I was there for 45 minutes. And today I returned with a large police presents in the park, I begin to fly (this time with out ask if it was ok) and two Albany sheriffs walked right by me with my drone 15-20 feet near me. And I hear to one sheriff told the other "Look, a drone" and kept walking. Awesome!!!
Hi Knight Hawk. I live out near Averill Park and would be willing to meet up some time. Lets ca
Hat if you care to.
Frank

369cab8481763dc1c5bf8d841583f962.jpg

1952241e324d68bffff3167171f70436.jpg

Not sure yet about Sunday. I have my daughters with me and they are embarrassed to be around me when I'm flying the drone. LOL They think it's weird.

I understand... no rush. Next Sunday there will be a drone Meet-up in Schenectady at 10AM. And at 12 there will be a few groups do drone racing. I'm not part of the, their drone are smaller and faster (70-80 mph) than my Mavic Pro that only goes 40-40 mph. But it will be my second time going.

I can meet you at the park around 6:15 - 6:30...
I am not certain I can drive into Albany this Sunday to meet up with you but will try. I work at the Memorial Hospital weekends and it’s sometimes too much for me to drive back in from where I live 18 miles East of the river but I will keep it in mind. If not this weekend perhaps another. I am a rofessional photographer (semi-retired) and use the Mavic mostly for still images. If you would like I will share email address so we can chat more. I am ex-Marine Navy Corpsman and I noted you were Air Force Sgt. Hope you get this reply. Frank (Flying Hun)

I like it. Very creative. Knight Hawk, I am unable to come to Washington Park this Sunday. My weekend ended up being jam packed. Hopefully we can fly together soon or just meet to chat.
Frank

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929