DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alberta Meet

Magicman

Reactions
Good day all. My Mavic is scheduled for mid Feb to early Mar.

I'm in central AB and have never flown a drone before. Anyone up for a meet in the spring to teach me?
Willing to travel to Calgary or Edmonton :)

I'm in central AB and have never flown a drone before. Anyone up for a meet in the spring to teach me?
Just read the manual and keep it on beginner mode for the first couple flights.

Also do this in an open field~

DJI are dead simple to fly... It so simple it's almost boring... (I build my own multicopters and bought the mavic for the size and gimbal)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

First time pilot here as well. The Mavic is amazing to fly and very responsive. The key will be getting out and putting the time in. Start in beginner mode. Simple commands will have it take off for you and hover. In beginner mode, it is very forgiving. Read the manual, when starting up, make sure you calibrate the compass, and after that it is as simple as getting out and practising. As your confidence level builds, turn off beginner mode and you will find the air craft becomes a little more responsive and it is not limited to short distances from you. Practise various maneuvers until you become proficient and try using the camera in a variety of settings and light conditions. Once you get onto it, it becomes a matter of planning your shots as well as your flight path.

The more I read and more videos I watch, the more excited I get. Feel like a kid at Christmas.

The more I read and more videos I watch, the more excited I get. Feel like a kid at Christmas.
I'm sure you'll have a blast. Just watch out for the Canadian cold weather as in starting to find it doesn't like the cold (videowise) as much as I would like it to be. And I'm only in Ontario :)

Give me a shout if you're ever around Toronto and wanna meet up :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Fly it in the simulator and once you are ready, turn on the wind setting to learn how to compensate.

These really do fly themselves, it's the pilots that screw it all up.

Make yourself a preflight checklist or get one off the web that you like. Make sure it includes return to home settings.

Magicman. Also in Central Alberta. Also waiting on a Mavic Pro. I have flown a 350 Blade QX a couple of times but that is about it. Looking forward to it. I too have read the manual once and now going through it the second time. First time a lot didn't really make sense to me, but when the Mavic is in my hand I should have a better understanding.

Reactions: Rturriff7
I'll have to read it soon. We should meet up when the weather is nice. Where did you order it from?

Hi Magicman. I ordered it from Droneology in Edmonton at the WEM. I ordered it on the 9th of October. However I ordered it with the accessory pack, and that is the reason they give me for the long wait time. I had hoped to get it for Christmas but that was not the case. Hopefully not too long now, but to cold to learn to fly it anyhow..

Hey Caser41....We too ordered from Droneology at WEM in October....my wife bought it as a surprise XMAS present for me.....well, it's January, and the Droneology store in the mall seems to be closed and their mail was piling up under the door last we checked. My wile pulled the plug and called Visa. Got our money back from Visa. Went to McBain Camera and picked up a flymore kit the next day.

Hey Caser41....We too ordered from Droneology at WEM in October....my wife bought it as a surprise XMAS present for me.....well, it's January, and the Droneology store in the mall seems to be closed and their mail was piling up under the door last we checked. My wile pulled the plug and called Visa. Got our money back from Visa. Went to McBain Camera and picked up a flymore kit the next day.
I also talked to Visa. Should get my money back shortly and will look for a Mavic with the claymore somewhere else. Supposed to have been a XMAS present for me also.

I ended up getting mine about 5mins ago, I've had a guy offer almost $500 more than I paid... decisions decisions... it's still winter, so flying time won't be that often at the moment...

Took mine out for a couple of flights today, what an amazing little machine!

Hi Magicman. I ordered it from Droneology in Edmonton at the WEM. I ordered it on the 9th of October. However I ordered it with the accessory pack, and that is the reason they give me for the long wait time. I had hoped to get it for Christmas but that was not the case. Hopefully not too long now, but to cold to learn to fly it anyhow..

Hi
I'm from Calgary as well lost my phantom in a fly away and was on the east coast for a bit and there is a DJI store in Dartmouth Nova Scotia that has them in stock walked into the store and walked out with a mavic 10 min later they go by the name dr drone and they ship all over Canada

I ordered a Mavic battery from Visions yesterday and according to the online chat support she said they have the flymore in stock. Also, McBain camera had 1 in stock in Red Deer if anyone is looking. I should have cancelled the battery order on Visions as McBain had 2 in stock.

I'm in drayton valley so we should go flying. I'm also in the same boat, mine should be here next week.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s