DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ALCATRAZ

Define a crowd. Common definition is a large group of people in close proximity. Only crowd on the video is by the embarkation area, and he didn't fly over them.

Well I think the general definition is that you can't fly over any crowds, but the specifics are that you can't physically fly directly over anyone not participating in the shoot, which could mean that one foot to the right is ok, unless they extended their arm.

I guess that's one of the issues I see with drone law. It's hard to pin down exactly what is what, so if you got caught and someone with power didn't like it, they could ticket you and then force you to spend time/money to prove your innocence.

Alcatraz can be done from the north shore of San Francisco, or from a boat, legally and safely.

Please be courteous, and try to recognize that nearly everyone here believes they are operating as safely as possible. This will make this forum more valuable, and also as a way to promote your point of view without provoking anger, which just causes people to dig in and defend.

I don't agree with how this was handled but letting someone know their flight was illegal (not the case in this video [edit: not from the NPS claim]) can be helpful. There are a _lot_ of people here that don't know the laws and a lot of people who search and just find the threads from external sources. We all need education. It's _extreemly_ complicated.

I agree, but seems like there a bunch of people just waiting to jump all over someone before they get the facts straight, either on the flight or the guidelines. e.g. NPS thing has been litigated in the forum many times! That is the disappointing part of these discussions, shoot first...

This has been gone over so many times but the same saviors of mankind jump in and get it wrong every time. Please save your own dignity first and keep quiet.

Reactions: Derlisz
Keeping quiet is a bit much to ask, haha. But at least we can keep that core of respect for one another. Try to recognize the good, and nudge, rather than come out with guns blazing, and you will have more of an effect on people, even if they don't admit it up front.

Great video! Now I don't have to video it. Thanks. Was that all on 1 trip or was it a few trips? Nice job if 1 trip.

To my opinion people who keep nagging and whining make this drone community look bad. If something is not your cup of tea, stay away with your negativity. Most members come here for fun.

Back on topic: GREAT VIDEO!

If you think fun comes first before safety, you really shouldn't flying. If you keep supporting illegal activity, it will only make things worse for everyone as it encourages more of it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3