DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost atti mode

Shoruk3n

Reactions
Hey all, I just noticed that the minimum braking sensitivity setting has been reduced to 10%, low enough that the MP behaves pretty similarly to atti mode. I'm not sure how long ago this change was made, but for those interested in flying with less automation, hooray!

Reactions: SteveM
I believe ATTI mode is flying without GPS. I'm not sure how braking relates.

Last edited:
I believe atti mode is flying without GPS. I'm not sure how braking relates.

Atti mode is flying without braking assistance, meaning if your MP is flying forward and you let off the stick, it will continue forward from the momentum. If we were actually able to set braking sensitivity to 0, we could fly our mavics in atti AND still have gps assisted rth. At 10% it's noticeable, but better than nothing.

Okay so that's different from the Phantoms then.

Attic is actually flying with no gps assistance so the drone will also give into the wind etc. It will hold the altitude but not the position.

Atti mode is flying without braking assistance...

No, it is flying without GPS to support position holding, so your course and your ability to remain stationary are all affected by the wind.

Braking is only one part of the mix and even at 0% you would still not be close to ATTI mode.

Well I stand corrected. However, the significance of 0% braking still stands because it's a near solution to pilots not truly learning how to fly because the MP is doing all the corrections for them.

Last edited:
I wish it was, but the gap between no position holding and no braking is huge.

It would be wrong for people to assume that flying with 0% braking in any real sense prepares them for ATTI mode should it cut in.

I wish it was, but the gap between no position holding and no braking is huge.

It would be wrong for people to assume that flying with 0% braking in any real sense prepares them for ATTI mode should it cut in.

True, but what it might allow is skill development. For example...proper muscle memory related to nose in hovering is difficult to develop when the craft simply stops itself when the stick is centered.

It would make the bird harder to fly, but it's not the intent of the test, which is to fly without GPS assistance. One way that people accomplish that with the Mavic is with some strategic aluminum foil around the back part of the Mavic, to block the GPS signal.

Listen, these comments/conversation are all ********. I've flown many toy drones that had no gps, and regardless of wind, still responded to commands. When the mavic is in atti mode, it doesn't respond to commmands at all. I wasn't even in a wind situation. 20' away, 20' off the ground, and wildly slammed into a building for no reason. I would like an explanation as to what atti mode means. Because it seems the mavic is completely uncontrollable without gps.

Listen, these comments/conversation are all ********. I've flown many toy drones that had no gps, and regardless of wind, still responded to commands. When the mavic is in atti mode, it doesn't respond to commmands at all. I wasn't even in a wind situation. 20' away, 20' off the ground, and wildly slammed into a building for no reason. I would like an explanation as to what atti mode means. Because it seems the mavic is completely uncontrollable without gps.
Not true in my case, Mavic responded to commands just fine in ATTI mode, se my thread. But I admit flying in ATTI is ten times harder than with GPS.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair