DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost had a fly-away due to wind

Here is a great video of what a Mavic pro can do against the wind:

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Thank you for sharing.

For someone that already has their Mavic (preordered on 10/02 and still no word from B&H or Dronenerds), are the trees distortions due to the youtube upload or do the raw (unprocessed) video have the same characteristics?

Basically, it goes in and out of focus and looking like garbage, really nice and sharp, somewhat blurry, and back to absolute throw away footage.

I understand that the trees are moving unlike a house or far away object... but but old GoPro 3 silver looked better.

Thanks guys!

Another video of the hold, ignore the colour issue, that's my fault haha
35kmh constant and 45kmh gusts straight off the ocean, higher speeds in the air

I was planning on taking my Mavic with me on an upcoming ski trip to Colorado in January...this is good info to keep in mind.

Will definitely monitor the winds and be very cautious if I decide to take it out. Would get some pretty amazing shots from one of the mountain peaks, but I dont think i will go for it as the winds are highest up there as well.

Thanks in advance

If you do take a look [emoji102] at guy who went into mountains post. He has great advice for keeping lil bird warm and toasty. He said Mavic did great

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing.

For someone that already has their Mavic (preordered on 10/02 and still no word from B&H or Dronenerds), are the trees distortions due to the youtube upload or do the raw (unprocessed) video have the same characteristics?

Basically, it goes in and out of focus and looking like garbage, really nice and sharp, somewhat blurry, and back to absolute throw away footage.

I understand that the trees are moving unlike a house or far away object... but but old GoPro 3 silver looked better.

Thanks guys!

Unless Mike was manually re-focusing, that may well be the new auto-focus 'feature' of the latest firmware. It can be set to manual - which would lock the focus in on the last user input.

I'm more interested in learning about what caused the wild up and down movement in his video. I've had some really bad TBEs - pushing 25MPH and 200' radii. But even in those extreme cases of wobbling, never did the altitude change by more than a foot.

How much wind is too much wind? And how do you measure?
The Mavic specs say it can handle up to 22mph winds. Use an app like UAV forecast to plug in skill the limits and then don't fly unless it gives you a green light.

Fly smart, be responsible, and have fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike