DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost made it to Africa *

deckdog

Premium Pilot
Reactions
*Not really. Don't know why this showed up on my iPad using Litchi app. Mavic is safely on my kitchen table. Just wanted to share
249e007c1bcbd003347f58727a39236d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

That's Longitude 0.0 Latitude 0.0

When I first unboxed my Mavic - the return to home point was set to somewhere in China !

What if:....You set a mission for say 50 miles, set Smart RTH, would it auto test your range?

(maybe I should start a new thread)

What if:....You set a mission for say 50 miles, set Smart RTH, would it auto test your range?

(maybe I should start a new thread)

Unfortunately it's not going to happen. The drone records its new take off spot as soon as you get satellites. Covering GPS receivers up will just lose all satellites and RTH won't work. Good way to lose a brand new machine though..!

Fly safe... :)

I would think smart RTH would work in that case. The Mavic will travel as far as it can keeping in mind how much battery is needed to get back to home. This would really be testing the range of the battery and not the aircraft/signal though. Also, as others have said smart RTH is a rough estimate and you could end up with a forced landing before it gets home (at critical battery level). Keep in mind that RTH is supposed to be a backup in an emergency so it is not meant for normal use and your mileage may vary.

Reactions: younumpty
I would think smart RTH would work in that case. The Mavic will travel as far as it can keeping in mind how much battery is needed to get back to home. This would really be testing the range of the battery and not the aircraft/signal though. Also, as others have said smart RTH is a rough estimate and you could end up with a forced landing before it gets home (at critical battery level). Keep in mind that RTH is supposed to be a backup in an emergency so it is not meant for normal use and your mileage may vary.

Some guys on the phantom forum have long range mods for going way out there. Serious distances all automated by litchi. Brave guys!! Way beyond boosted signals so the screen goes dead after a few milled and the craft finishes its programmed flight. They use two extra batteries with an adapter which I did buy that links them all to give up to an hour flying time. I'd be way too nervous myself but it's possible...

Fly safe... :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50