DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternative Battery Charging Options?

McMavic

Reactions
Leaving for a weekend adventure on the 2nd and unfortunately all the major retailers in Australia are telling me it's 6-7 weeks before I'll be able to get a spare battery for the Mavic!

Are there any alternative ways to charge the battery as we won't have a car and can't seem to find a power bank that can be plugged into the 'female' part of the power pack and charge the battery through that way.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Car charger and suitable power supply like a big 4s lipo pack... Will be heavy and expensive though.

Im going to use my 52 volt ebike battery along with a dc voltage converter (24 volt output) in conjunction with DJI car charger which accepts 24 volt dc input.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Im going to use my 52 volt ebike battery along with a dc voltage converter (24 volt output) in conjunction with DJI car charger which accepts 24 volt dc input.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Thanks Steve, nice workaround. How much did you pay for your eBike batt? Seeing them range from $220-$700 but no idea what I'm looking for. It'll only be for a couple of days so might look for a second hand one.

Thanks Steve, nice workaround. How much did you pay for your eBike batt? Seeing them range from $220-$700 but no idea what I'm looking for. It'll only be for a couple of days so might look for a second hand one.
My ebike battery costs $400 but you can find lower capacity and lower voltage ones for less. My battery is a 52 volt, 11.6 AH battery which has about 600 watt hours of capacity. That should charge the Mavic batteries at least 8-10 times.

Reactions: McMavic
Here is a cost effective 52 volt pack that will charge you mavic batteries at least 4 times: 52v Mighty Mini Cube Ebike Battery Pack Panasonic PF 5.8ah (Affordable!) This is a 14s pack that has about 300 watt hours of energy. Our mavic packs have about 38 watt hours so you'll have pretty good capacity to recharge the mavic battery.

You'll need this to convert it to 24 volts for use with the Mavic car charger: https://www.amazon.com/DROK-200163-...rd_wg=xH6eM&psc=1&refRID=2BQ8GDPXG4Q77S9Z05ZN

Of course, you will have to do some soldering or crimping to wire things up, but this is what I will use instead of running my engine the whole time I need to charge in the field. Luckily, I already had the bike battery so it only costs $30 for me to make this work.

Last edited:
If you have a cheap regulator you can use any battery.

Becareful as the car charger will only work with above 12.5v. There is only 2 wires in the standard wall charger if you don't mind chopping it and connect some plugs to easily connect to anything. If you feed the battery 13v upto 8amps itll manage the charge its self.

I think I remember reading somewhere in that ultra long Mavic thread over on RC Groups that the Mavic car charger only activates from 13 - 16V, and 25 - 28V... Anything outside that range, the charger won't turn on... I think you'd better check the actual voltage the Mavic car charger requires... I believe the specs on the charger and the website are incorrect/incomplete..

Hmm... I have no clue about voltage, soldering etc so probably a bit too risky :rolleyes: thanks for all the answers though, much appreciated!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000