DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude maximum workaround

RallySoob

Reactions
What are they best ways to get around the new 1638ft max altitude limit? I fly at specific place I need at least double that to complete my desired tasks

Thanks in advance

What are they best ways to get around the new 1638ft max altitude limit? I fly at specific place I need at least double that to complete my desired tasks

Thanks in advance

It's not new and there isn't other than hacking the firmware.

I need at least double that to complete my desired tasks

Simple solution:

1. Power on the RC unit while holding the PAUSE button down.
2. Move the upper left wheel all the way to the left, then all the way to the right.
3. Rotate the antennae on the RC until they are pointed straight down,
4. Go to your local airfield and rent a helicopter with a licensed pilot to complete your desired task.

Simple solution:

2. Move the upper left wheel all the way to the left, then all the way to the right.
4. Go to your local airfield and rent a helicopter with a licensed pilot to complete your desired task.

Huh?

Simple solution:

That worked great for me...

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
How could u say its not new when prior to the latest firmware update we could go 16,400+ ft in altitude (5,000 meters) and now we can only do 500 meters as of this last update. When i bought my mavic it had firmware that allowed 5,000 meters. Check your facts before you post or do not post.

I learned myself so far the Only way around it is to upload an older firmware version using the dji assistant2 software on your computer. So i can go 5000 meters in altitude today if i choose too woohoo.

Mod removed inappropriate content

Last edited by a moderator:
How could u say its not new when prior to the latest firmware update we could go 16,400+ ft in altitude (5,000 meters) and now we can only do 500 meters as of this last update. When i bought my mavic it had firmware that allowed 5,000 meters. Check your facts before you post or do not post.

I learned myself so far the Only way around it is to upload an older firmware version using the dji assistant2 software on your computer. So i can go 5000 meters in altitude today if i choose too woohoo.

mod removed inappropriate content

I must assume you are talking about MSL (Above Mean Sea Level). AGL (above ground level - or in the case of DJI equipment above YOUR take off altitude) of the the Mavic, and all other DJI products have been limited to 500 meters (AGL) for about 2 years now.

Reactions: GooterFly68
It's always been 500m above take off point. As far as MSL, I'm not sure there is a limit. I'm in the mountains and routinely fly above 6,000 ft. MSL. It seems like you're talking about two different things here.

Reactions: Gonçalo

Thanks in advance
Your battery would probably die if you had to go 3200 feet and down again !

I have the same requirement. One spot I fly at has a large mountain less than a mile away, but I can't reach the top of the mountain- I can only fly up to the mountain side. At no time am I more than 200 feet above ground level, but I reach 1638 feet when closing in on the mountain. I'm pretty sure it's a no-brainer to actually reach 3100 feet above launch point, but alas we will never be allowed to do that.

Thanks in advance
I did the upgrade also and it set everything back to default,,well after that I wentback and set mine back to my settings and they worked but one thing was my iPad video coming back was delaying or jerky almost freezing up for a few seconds, so I like the older FW.

Simple solution:

Will the helicopter be unable to exceed 1600' AGL if you screw up the first three steps?

:D

the only thing was It had a prompt that you had to agree on..saying you was responsible for your settings, not dpi.lol but iam telling my experience,,,taught and make jokes but that what mine did..
thomas

Who said you can't fly higher than 1600ft !!!
Think out of the box

Get a rocket with a launcher
Tie your MP to it with height release mechanism
Turn on the MP
Launch the rocket
Start the propellers of the MP
Enjoy flying above the cloud

You're welcome

Reactions: superdave5050
Step 1: You figure out how to go above 1,500'

Step 2: You take it out for a flight.

Step 3: FAA is knocking on your front door