DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude Question

Videoman

Reactions
If I take off from the top of a mountain and immediately descend to the valley below, will the altitude displayed on my controller be zero because it is now below the altitude that I took off from, OR is the altitude displayed on the controller the immediate altitude of the Mavic from the ground at the time it is flying?

It will display negative since the altitude is always referenced to the take-off point.

Reactions: Videoman
If I take off from the top of a mountain and immediately descend to the valley below, will the altitude displayed on my controller be zero because it is now below the altitude that I took off from, OR is the altitude displayed on the controller the immediate altitude of the Mavic from the ground at the time it is flying?

Any level below takeoff point is displayed as Negative. Which makes it a real PITA to do POI, since minimum altitude for that is 16 ft.

Reactions: Videoman
Altitude will display negative with regard to take off point. If low enough for VPS to get a reading then that will display height above ground level. So possible to get readings of eg -50m altitude, +20m distance to ground

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929