DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I having Fun Yet??

Capt Drone

Reactions
I've owned and flown a Mavic Pro since the middle of December 2016. I backed into a bush with the first one after owning it for 5 days. Was grounded for a month after that while I waited for DJI to do their thing finally sending me a repalcement. DJI made errors, there was a lot of confusion and it was not fun at all spending many hours dealing with them.

I was back in business at the beginning February. I logged over 300 flights since then and enjoyed it. Then disaster struck again last week and the gimbal is in need of repair again. I contacted DJI and got a case number and sent everything they requested but still haven't heard back from them. Here we go again. This isn't going to be fun.

What I am seriously starting to wonder is....Am I having fun yet??

It is really fun operating the Mavic but when you have a problem, you really have a problem! Once I hear back from DJI I really don't expect to be back in the air for well over a month. Then, will I really be comfortable with the thing living in fear that somehow I will have a minor incident necessitating a return? Probably not.

So....do I really want to be constantly troubled by this thing? Before I got the Mavic I was building and flying foam board scratch built airplanes from Flitetest plans. These airplane flew great, cost next to nothing and when I damaged one I made a new part because I was the manufacturer.

Maybe I will just step away for awhile and let DJI get their act together. The Mavic is amazing. Just had a belly full of the company.

Last edited:
I've owned and flown a Mavic Pro since the middle of December 2015. I backed into a bush with the first one after owning it for 5 days. Was grounded for a month after that while I waited for DJI to do their thing. DJI made errors, there was a lot of confusion and it was not fun at all spending many hours dealing with them.

I was back in business at the beginning February. I logged over 300 flights since then and enjoyed it. Then disaster struck again last week and the gimbal is in need of repair again. I contacted DJI and got a case number and sent everything they requested but still haven't heard back from them. Here we go again.

What I am seriously starting to wonder is....Am I having fun yet??

It is really fun operating the Mavic but when you have a problem, you really have a problem! Once I hear back from DJI I really don't expect to be back in the air for well over a month. Then, will I really be comfortable with the thing living in fear that somehow I will have a minor incident necessitating a return? Probably not.

So....do I really want to be constantly troubled by this thing? Before I got the Mavic I was building and flying foam board scratch built airplanes from Flitetest plans. These airplane flew great, cost next to nothing and when I damaged one I made a new part because I was the manufacturer.

Maybe I will just step away for awhile and let DJI get their act together. The Mavic is amazing. Just had a belly full of the company.

Quit wrecking the thing & maybe it would make your life easier. You flew 300 flights without a problem. Try to find something else you can do for $4 & have as much fun (Besides sex). (300 X $4 = price of a Mavic)

Reactions: Fletcher500
Ha ha. Good point james. Just wish there was a good place to get repairs other than the factory I guess? That would help a lot.

cant see why youre blaming DJI for your faults. like James said, you flew for 300flights without a problem, then you crash it again and it DJIs fault for taking too long?

I agree with you that a month for turnaround time, and never knowing the state of your repair is frustrating. We are not dealing with a rational company here, this is DJI, the monopoly in our world, so you have to take steps to protect yourself from their weak customer satisfaction policies.

My suggestions to you:

1. Get a backup bird so if you crash again, you wont be grounded. If you are on Refresh and this is your second incident, your luck has run out. Sell the bird and start fresh with a new one.
2. State Farm drone insurance, or other drone insurance if you dont already have it.
3. If you have flown over 300 flights and arent sure youre having fun yet, sell the Mav, buy a fishing pole and go fishing.

Hang in there Capt.Drone. This will settle down and be in the rear view window soon. Mavics are great and worth the startup headaches/crashes/learning curves. I am hopeful as will many new releases that support will catch up.

Reactions: Former Member
Quit wrecking the thing & maybe it would make your life easier. You flew 300 flights without a problem. Try to find something else you can do for $4 & have as much fun (Besides sex). (300 X $4 = price of a Mavic)

Less than $4 a flight. If you completely wreck it, you can still sell it and the controller for around $400 - $500 so it's more like $2 a flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000