DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon cancelling DJI store orders that haven't shipped?

dinglehead

Reactions
just got an email from Amazon this morning.... this is what it says:

The following order(s) placed on 9/27/2016 with DJI Official Store., will be canceled if the order is not ship-confirmed by 11/3/20

I ordered on 9/27 at 2:45pm and got a delivery estimate of Nov 1 - Nov 17

Anyone else get this? What's going on?

I have gotten this on other items.
It's fairly common. It's a practice that keeps both parties safe and in line with better business bureau standard. Contact customer service and let them know you intend to keep the order etc. they can help

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have gotten this on other items.
It's fairly common. It's a practice that keeps both parties safe and in line with better business bureau standard. Contact customer service and let them know you intend to keep the order etc. they can help

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks for that info... it's good to know on any pre-order I might make through Amazon :)

DB, that happens mostly because the line between complaining, protesting, criticizing, demanding; and crying, bitching, moaning and whining is really, really thin. Pretty easy to cross, especially for some it seems. But as highly evolved animals, our fine tuned human perception can catch it. It's called the break-my-balls radar LOL

Reactions: DesJardins
I got the same email from Amazon Marketplace. I ordered the Fly More on 9/27. I'm fine waiting for it to arrive, but if the order now gets cancelled and I go to the back of the line, I will be less fine with it.

I got the same email from Amazon Marketplace. I ordered the Fly More on 9/27. I'm fine waiting for it to arrive, but if the order now gets cancelled and I go to the back of the line, I will be less fine with it.

Right. I'm ok with waiting. Having my order arbitrarily cancelled and forcing me to reorder at the back of the line isn't anywhere near acceptable.

I have absolutely no knowledge on the distribution and logistics behind Amazon, DJI and the rest. So far I wasn't able to spot a pattern or logic behind this mess either. Maybe others with more information may offer a solid or definitive idea. Then maybe not even DJI, Amazon and others have a dang clue and everyone is just banging heads at this point :D

But I have a feeling that either way it will take the same time to get my Mavic, maybe because I think this has been sorted out early on in the pre-ordering process, and so far production is clearly not up to demand - and that's the defining factor in my opinion. That's not very assuring I admit, and I'm as excited, anxious and non-conformist as most, but it makes me feel more relaxed and calm in my waiting.

Poor guy, did you get your feelings hurt? It's tough being 12.
First of all, pretty sure that was a joke about the current political happenings in this country. Second of all, it was kind of rude and I can say of all the forums I have been part of over the years, this one is pretty good about people being nice. Every once in a while you may get a slap down but for the most part people are pretty respectable on this forum. Maybe good to keep that in mind??

First of all, pretty sure that was a joke about the current political happenings in this country. Second of all, it was kind of rude and I can say of all the forums I have been part of over the years, this one is pretty good about people being nice. Every once in a while you may get a slap down but for the most part people are pretty respectable on this forum. Maybe good to keep that in mind??
It wasn't a joke. Read DB's other posts.

Call them. tell them you wish to hold onto the order and is possible process it as new. or to ensure your queue is secured.

My order with Newegg.com expired the day they started shipping mavic's. They emailed me and called me informing me that they had them in stock and I needed to create a new order. So I did that, and I thought I was gonna be put at the back of the line as well. But I received my Mavic Pro Basic package today. I don't know why, or what expired is in their world, but they did take the money for that order on shipping when the order was already expired. At least they let me know and fixed it appropriately for me. On the other hand though, Amazon cancelling an order and not finding out if you want to keep the order isn't a good step to take I don't believe. I would call them and tell them that you want the order to remain in the queue and for them not to allow it to cancel.

I just spoke with Amazon. They said there's nothing they can do to stop the cancellation if DJI doesn't mark it as shipped by 11/3.

Web chat told me the same thing.

I'm gonna be extremely irritated if this order just gets cancelled for no reason other than DJI can't hold up their end of the deal.

Is there anyone I can contact about this? Amazon is basically saying they can't do anything, and any requests for info I send to DJI through Amazon are met with their usual, copy/paste boilerplate response about demand and shipping in order they were received.

W. T. F.

Is there anyone I can contact about this? Amazon is basically saying they can't do anything, and any requests for info I send to DJI through Amazon are met with their usual, copy/paste boilerplate response about demand and shipping in order they were received.

I just did a chat with DJI to ask how I can prevent my order from being cancelled. They said that DJI does not have an official store on Amazon, so my order must be through a retailer, and they should contact their distributor to get the status. Unbelievable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929