DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon is damaging our hobby and nobody seems to notice

DroningOn

Reactions
Amazon is doing more to damage the Quadcopter ("drone") hobby than people realize with their constant slick FANTASY press releases showing "Drone Deliveries" etc. The latest last week was this nonsense about airborne warehouses the size of the Hindenburg spitting out phantoms from 45000' delivering packages to people's front yards. The reason this is so damaging for us is that it leaves the masses as well as the politicians with a completely unrealistic impression of what our plastic toys are capable of. As hobbyists and even professionals, we know that all this is completely absurd and can never happen but people are seeing it reported on CNN and Foxnews so it must be true. Amazon might as well produce videos showing how they will "Beam" packages to people like in Star Trek! No wonder the FAA along with states and city councils are scrambling to limit our hobby. People need to be educated.

While I don't dispute the fact such things will likely cause drones to be more regulated, I think you're wrong about this being some sort of fantasy. It's entirely possible, if not enivitable, that drones or another such technology will be delivering stuff to our front doors. Self driving cars, drone deliveries, it's all coming sooner than you think.

Reactions: avanti1963
While I don't dispute the fact such things will likely cause drones to be more regulated, I think you're wrong about this being some sort of fantasy. It's entirely possible, if not enivitable, that drones or another such technology will be delivering stuff to our front doors. Self driving cars, drone deliveries, it's all coming sooner than you think.
You're making my point

Reactions: Watty
It's more reality than fantasy, well not the phantom using part.

Think of the possibilities, people using drones as transportation. No need for private jets, when you have drone!
Lol..

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

On the day after the "birthday" of Asimov, there is almost no such thing as Science Fiction...more like Science Possibilities...

Reactions: Greg Miller
Amazon is doing more to damage the Quadcopter ("drone") hobby than people realize with their constant slick FANTASY press releases showing "Drone Deliveries" etc. The latest last week was this nonsense about airborne warehouses the size of the Hindenburg spitting out phantoms from 45000' delivering packages to people's front yards. The reason this is so damaging for us is that it leaves the masses as well as the politicians with a completely unrealistic impression of what our plastic toys are capable of. As hobbyists and even professionals, we know that all this is completely absurd and can never happen but people are seeing it reported on CNN and Foxnews so it must be true. Amazon might as well produce videos showing how they will "Beam" packages to people like in Star Trek! No wonder the FAA along with states and city councils are scrambling to limit our hobby. People need to be educated.
Check it out. Heads Up! Drones Will Fly People Around Dubai This Summer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000