DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon PRIME Orders

I personally felt the same way that it would be hard to neglect Amazon however all signs of everyone else being caught up have in no way shown true for Amazon. Just my opinion but that's why I cancelled and ordered from Crutchfield.

Reactions: JayBird
first time long time... (since a week ago)

Ordered drone (not fly more package) on amazon prime canada website December 26, got email last night estimating delivery of jan 10-13,

Email this morning with tracking info and it's on the way via canada post.

Super excited to get this thing, heading to puerto vallarta area on the 20th, looking forward to crashing it in the ocean then posting a crying snapchat,

Hopefully everyone with a pre order through amazon gets it soon. Crazy to hear that some have been waiting months.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
first time long time... (since a week ago)

Ordered drone (not fly more package) on amazon prime canada website December 26, got email last night estimating delivery of jan 10-13,

Email this morning with tracking info and it's on the way via canada post.

Super excited to get this thing, heading to puerto vallarta area on the 20th, looking forward to crashing it in the ocean then posting a crying snapchat,

Hopefully everyone with a pre order through amazon gets it soon. Crazy to hear that some have been waiting months.

Ordered on the 26th from Amazon and it's already shipped? What the?!?! I'm jealous! Happy flying!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: bretticus1
Crazy ..... I didn't even order this thing.......... and yesterday .... there were 30 boxes of them on my doorstep !

Ha .... ... no ..... ordered through Amazon and it says release date of Feb. 10th ....... what does release mean anyway?

IMG_8481.JPG Amazon.com does show the feb release date, amazon.ca shows not in stock, surprised with the speed.

*First time in my shopping life that being Canadian has benifeted me. Maybe it's trumpenomics, unless I get a brick in a box.

(Except for maple syrup, moose meat, and marmalade of course....)

+1 ^ fingers crossed the flood gates of mavics are opening for all, im jazzed as heck to give this thing a try even if it has to be in my house as it's -16 *Celsius right now.

*celsisus is a metric unit of measurement.

Ok guys...I give up. As a diehard Amazon Prime fan I could not be more disappointed in their service. Spoke with customer service again...no update, no new info, nothing. I could have been flying this thing for several weeks by now has I placed my original order with *literally* anybody else. Canceled my Amazon order and ordered DJI direct via New Egg....had the bonus of avoiding sales tax since Amazon is physically located in my state (SC, USA) and Newegg is not. Was able to get an extra battery with the freed up tax money. Best of luck to you that stuck it/are sticking it out. This has seriously and permanently damaged my trust and confidence in Amazon. It appears they have some beef with DJI and that is the "Prime" motivator behind their lack of communication, hard delivery dates, BS customer "service," and general lack of interest. Hopefully the newegg date of "shipped by 1/20/17" holds true. Will update this thread as things evolve.

Fly Safe, Fly Legal, and Protect out Hobby!!!

Fly Safe, Fly Legal, and Protect Our Hobby! -Jay

Ok guys...I give up. As a diehard Amazon Prime fan I could not be more disappointed in their service. Spoke with customer service again...no update, no new info, nothing. I could have been flying this thing for several weeks by now has I placed my original order with *literally* anybody else. Canceled my Amazon order and ordered DJI direct via New Egg....had the bonus of avoiding sales tax since Amazon is physically located in my state (SC, USA) and Newegg is not. Was able to get an extra battery with the freed up tax money. Best of luck to you that stuck it/are sticking it out. This has seriously and permanently damaged my trust and confidence in Amazon. It appears they have some beef with DJI and that is the "Prime" motivator behind their lack of communication, hard delivery dates, BS customer "service," and general lack of interest. Hopefully the newegg date of "shipped by 1/20/17" holds true. Will update this thread as things evolve.

Fly Safe, Fly Legal, and Protect out Hobby!!!

Welcome to the light!! Took me 2 weeks to get mine from Newegg. I'm never trusting Amazon again for any popular preorders such as this again.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I should have listened to the people on the newegg thread a LOOOONG time ago. Anyway...hoping my experience is similar to yours. I have a buddy that ordered Amazon because he had like $500 in gift cards...he's pissed at me because I'm bailing on him, but i think it's more because he realizes I'm going to have mine long before he does. Lol. So it goes....

Last edited:
Reactions: PilotMan7700
I just got my tracking information, Shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. Amazon shipping to Tampa, FL

BTW, my order was 9/30

so looks like Amazon got a shipment

Last edited:
Keep us posted.

They just changed the release date from "Febuary 10th " to "Temporarily out of stock."!! So what does that mean for my Pre-Order ??? Does it mean I might just not see anything in Febuary or beyond. I have to wait indefinatly now. Wow what a nightmare. If I was'nt into this with a bunch of amazon giftcards I would of went somewhere else. Last week crutchfield had them ready to ship. Ugh.

I wonder if I can order on amazon with the seller being DJI and use my giftcard $$$ on it once I cancel the order with PRIME. Seems that DJI is ready to ship in 7-10 days.

Last edited:
Keep us posted. When did you order?

They just changed the release date from "Febuary 10th " to "Temporarily out of stock."!! So what does that mean for my Pre-Order ??? Does it mean I might just not see anything in Febuary or beyond. I have to wait indefinatly now. Wow what a nightmare. If I was'nt into this with a bunch of amazon giftcards I would of went somewhere else. Last week crutchfield had them ready to ship. Ugh.

That was my big concern....even if they've started shipping, did they get a big enough stock infusion to cover all backorders? If not, when will they get caught up?...furthermore it's kinda unfair that people that bought back in October are getting them at the same time as those that ordered in Nov-Dec...Amazon has mismanaged the crap out of this product...I've completely lost confidence in them...and that's a big deal for me to say, because I'm a pretty outspoken, heavy usage fan of Amazon Prime

I cancelled my order with Amazon and reordered through Amazon but with DJI directly... No taxes and was able to get the fly more for just a little more because of not having to pay $120 in taxes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ