DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon PRIME Orders

You guys are lucky, mine now shows deliver date pending (it showed dec 1st just a couple days ago)

It may well be that the large retailers have hammered DJI into diverting output to filling there channels for Christmas and that the output devoted to fullfilling preorderes has been further reduced.

The fact that the expected delivery and release dates appear to be at odds with one another is interesting. Logically, delivery should come AFTER release so there is confusion on what those two dates mean.

So, if there is anything to the January 15th date and that is when they actually expect to deliver them to us then the only explanation that makes any sense is that those of us that preordered are actually at the end of the line and folks will be able to go into BB or B&H and pickup from there stock on hand. If that happens then you can bet almost everyone that preordered but not yet received will wind up cancelling there order and the buy from a retailer that has them in stock. If that happens DJI may well be taken to court, but the odds of them losing is, well, slim.

If DJI plays the game as it looks like they are then I may just cancel my order and not buy the Mavic at all -- I am not inclined to be taken for a fool and then give them my money anyway.

Brian

I am certainly not in any hurry to get mine as I realized that I ordered way late (26-Oct) and it is only fair that everybody that ordered before me would have theirs first. I feel mostly for the people that ordered and were expecting it right away. I know how excited I was when I got my 1st P3A. But if people have to wait a long time, say til after Christmas I can't imagine the orders that will get canceled as all the new hype will have died down and they will probably be close to releasing something even newer and better. Most people's interest will die down as time passes.

Probably just lowering expectations so new orders don't expect anything before Jan 15

I just received a new email from Amazon and now the expected delivery date, which was 12/7-12/8 is gone and the status has changed to:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Track package

DJI Mavic Battery Intelligent Flight Battery - 3,830mAh/11.4V, Gray

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$89.00
Release date: Sunday, January 15, 2017

DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle, Mini Portable Drones, Gray

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$1,299.00
Release date: Sunday, January 15, 2017

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, first of all this would not be a pre-order as the item has begun shipping so the status would more accurately be called "back-ordered". Secondly, from the email:

We're writing about the order you placed on October 25, 2016 (Order# 110-6707129-xxxxxxx). The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.

Again, the status of it being "not yet released" is nonsense as again, it is being shipped and has been for 3 weeks.

So, I may or may not wait until the earlier date given in the previous email and go ahead and cancel my order. If it appears that DJI or Amazon is holding off shipping items already ordered so they can have stock to ship to people just now ordering I'll probably cancel and not buy at all. I've been patient and not particularly tweaked up to this point but I must say I'm getting a bit hot under the collar just now.

Brian

Just chiming in so I can follow the thread. I ordered just the base $999 package, shipping from and sold by Amazon on 26 October. My status is still saying they need more time and I'm seeing the change from a 1 December release date to now showing 15 January. I was hoping to see the drone before Christmas but not so sure now. I'm getting mine shipped to an APO so I'm probably the LAST person of anybody that will get it. I visited the DJI store in Seoul, South Korea a couple days ago hoping that they might have something in stock, at least a spare battery or some of the other accessories, I was dumb to think so. I got to touch one though and see it fly in person. I'm pretty impressed with the controller. I totally agree with the description that it feels like you're holding a DSLR.

I just checked my order, now it's pushed back to Jan 15, 2017. I ordered mine on Sept 30. Maybe I should cancel and order from dji?

This is Amazons reply.
Since this item is still in the pre order stage, the estimated delivery dates cannot be confirmed due to the high demand for this product. So when the demand is high, the estimated dates keeps fluctuating according to the number of shipments that have to be processed based on factors such as geographic locations and shipment preferences as well. Thus, I believe that the estimated date is still unknown and has been pushed back. I am really sorry for this inconvenience but with items having a high demand this usually takes place.
Jim

Last edited:
You could but I don't think you'll get it any faster. I'm watching another thread and DJI hasn't even started shipping orders placed on 29 Sep. My bets are still on getting mine sooner through Amazon. It'll come eventually and I'm patient enough to wait, it's just painful. [emoji21]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I ordered via Amazon (LinkedAll Drones) on Sept 28th and just got confirmation with FedX tracking that the Mavic has shipped and will arrive this Thursday (2 days!). An email has confirmed that it's the actual drone not an accessory. I had to work closely with LinkedAll to avoid Amazon automatically cancelling my order on Nov 4th but they had excellent communication and kept me posted on that status.

I ordered via Amazon (LinkedAll Drones) on Sept 28th and just got confirmation with FedX tracking that the Mavic has shipped and will arrive this Thursday (2 days!). An email has confirmed that it's the actual drone not an accessory. I had to work closely with LinkedAll to avoid Amazon automatically cancelling my order on Nov 4th but they had excellent communication and kept me posted on that status.

Congratulations but your situation does not apply to this thread since you are not getting yours direct from Amazon like the rest of us and what this thread pertains to.

Reactions: ___
Mine says january 15 on a sunday [emoji23]
Ill wait i order mine on november 3rd

I think out of all the retailers NewEgg is the best bet.

Seems to be.. I guess them and Apple must have screamed at DJI the loudest

Just cancelled my Amazon prime order I placed on oct 19. Found one in a Apple Store near Waukesha, WI

Reactions: ___
Just cancelled my Amazon prime order I placed on oct 19. Found one in a Apple Store near Waukesha, WI
Congratulations!!

If I didn't have all these Amazon Gift cards i would do the same. Seems like no one even the people that order the first few days have received any indication what so ever. All we have is a date of Jan 15th which is two months away!! Amazon Prime seems to be Primed to be the last retailer to send out units. Also, at least with my correspondence they could care less.

Congratulations!!

If I didn't have all these Amazon Gift cards i would do the same. Seems like no one even the people that order the first few days have received any indication what so ever. All we have is a date of Jan 15th which is two months away!! Amazon Prime seems to be Primed to be the last retailer to send out units. Also, at least with my correspondence they could care less.

Yep. I tried several times to get info from them, to no avail. I was in Wisconsin this week for buisness. On my way to the airport to go home this morning I passed an Apple Store and thought "what the heck, I'll give it a shot". Walked in and there a lone mavic set.

Id cancel mine but I'm also using a gift card. The wait is killing me =(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada