DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon PRIME Orders

I got tired of there game and cancelled my order. I am not likely to buy it at any point going forward. I may go for the P4P if they do a better job rolling that out or I may buy neither of them. Actually, I think I may just hang onto the Inspire 1 Pro until the Inspire 3 comes out. Suffice it to say DJI has really soured me on them as a company and I do not like giving money to companies that treat there customers this way.

So, I'll probably keep my account here at Mavicpilots for a bit but I do not see myself buying one.

Brian

Just emailed DJI to see if they could shed any light on when they would be shipping to Amazon. My bet is that I'm blown off or that they can't provide that information to me. I'll share what ever the outcome is though. Anybody else try this yet?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Ordered from Prime on October 15th. Originally said release date of Nov 2nd when I purchased. I contacted Amazon when it changed to Nov 15, then Dec 1, then again when it changed to Jan 15. Basically they said that this was the date they expect to receive the very first batch from DJI. This batch will be used to ship to the very first order Amazon has.

This tells me that if you ordered late, you may receive much later, depending on how units DJI ships Amazon. That's also why they said it was a pre-order. It has not been released -- to Amazon yet. I'm expecting April. Hoping for sooner.

I want the mavic so bad i read every forum in google and apperantly there been release like 1 per every day

Got a response from DJI. Just about as expected:

"We currently cannot ensure the shipping date due to the large demand of Mavic Pro. We will inform our dealer about the shipping information once the shipment is arranged. Please always contact the seller for the latest information."

So yea, didn't make me feel any better about this situation. April probably isn't too far off realistically. [emoji853]

Cancelled my order last night. Hopefully newegg pulls through and ships around 12/15.

Well, I just put an order in as well. Going to keep both orders alive though and just cancel which ever one decides to lag behind. Hopefully they both don't end up shipping on the same day. [emoji23]

You should kept both of them

Haha, don't think that hasn't crossed my mind either. I doubt the demand will be up to make a profit like some guys are now but I've seen the damage that these things get in crashes. That tiny gimbal is not forgiving and even though I'm an experienced RC airplane, helo, and quad pilot. Bad things still happen and having a spare seems nice. My wife would kill me though. She thinks this "toy" is a waste of money as is.

Haha, don't think that hasn't crossed my mind either. I doubt the demand will be up to make a profit like some guys are now but I've seen the damage that these things get in crashes. That tiny gimbal is not forgiving and even though I'm an experienced RC airplane, helo, and quad pilot. Bad things still happen and having a spare seems nice. My wife would kill me though. She thinks this "toy" is a waste of money as is.

I currently have a spare and a Phantom 4. Since I have the P4, I may decide to sell the spare as I haven't even opened the box yet.

I ordered mine yesterday, resigned to the fact that no one will have a Mavic til Januaary.

As I see it DJI dropped the ball big time on this one. They rushed to beat GoPro, and maybe rushed to hit the Christmas season, but they don't have the production or inventory to back up the announcement. Even if DJI ramps up production, every toothpick maker in China is going to be sending ships full of containers that they will have to compete with to get through customs....

Some call it vaporware, some call it unobtanium, some call it fairey dust, Unicorn skin....in any case, I don't think these will be stocking anywhere until next year. At which point, what kind of drone will be out there.

Chinese firedrill anyone?

Add to this the DJI direct model, which is not their specialty (reports of folks not being able to cxl orders)

I think i refresh the amazon orders site so many times [emoji36]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser