DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AMAZON THEATRE - a theatre at rainforest jungle city of Manaus

Man, don't you worry about getting mugged in Brazil flying that thing?

I don't know what kind of country do you think Brazil is, we sure have our problems just like any other nation in the world. but I've never been "mugged" in Brazil... But I DO worry about having my stuff being stolen form my rental car TWICE in the US, or getting shot in the streets by some lunatic for being a catholic or having my office building destroyed by hijacked airplanes... [emoji846] take care!

I don't know what kind of country do you think Brazil is, we sure have our problems just like any other nation in the world. but I've never been "mugged" in Brazil... But I DO worry about having my stuff being stolen form my rental car TWICE in the US, or getting shot in the streets by some lunatic for being a catholic or having my office building destroyed by hijacked airplanes... [emoji846] take care!

My dad is Brazilian, and I have been there many times. When I was there a year ago, I only flew my phantom twice at beaches with extra security. Otherwise, it would be too big of a risk.

My dad is Brazilian, and I have been there many times. When I was there a year ago, I only flew my phantom twice at beaches with extra security. Otherwise, it would be too big of a risk.
Brazil have thousands of kilometers of beaches... I think you're a paranoid... I have 45 years old and I've never been mugged in my country... but I did have been robbed in countries where I should supposed to be safe like US... I never needed "extra security" to fly my drone in any place.....You should know better your dad's country before making judgments like this...

Last edited:
Btw- don't know why you get so offended when I talk about things that are true about Brazil, such as the violence. Flying a $1000 drone in a big city is asking the thieves to rob you. Looking at your videos it seems like you were in a tourist type area with security. Try doing this in Copacabana or any of the city beaches in the NE, and you'll say A different story? I know more about Brazil than you think. Friends of mine have been mugged, had cars stolen, etc. when I lived there 12 years ago, it wasn't that bad. Now it has gotten worse.

Btw- don't know why you get so offended when I talk about things that are true about Brazil, such as the violence. Flying a $1000 drone in a big city is asking the thieves to rob you. Looking at your videos it seems like you were in a tourist type area with security. Try doing this in Copacabana or any of the city beaches in the NE, and you'll say A different story? I know more about Brazil than you think. Friends of mine have been mugged, had cars stolen, etc. when I lived there 12 years ago, it wasn't that bad. Now it has gotten worse.
The fact is that you can be mugged anywhere in the world, like I've been twice in the US... Luckily I've never been mugged in Brazil which is my home country. I'm not stupid to fly my drone where I know it's a dangerous area. But saying that the simply fact you put your drone in the air in any brazilian city you will be mugged is an ignorant assumption... And yes, I flew in Praia do Futuro AND Copacabana more than once... and me and my drone are alive to tell the story, had no issues... You may think you know about Brazil, but LIVING here is a different story my friend... you talk like if here is a war zone!! You are ridiculously wrong! I'm done arguing with ignorant and prejudiced people like you.... please be my guest to talk alone....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka