DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ambient Air Temperature - Flight

ksull72487

Reactions
WeatherUnderground has been a very useful tool as far as anticipating conditions and coordinating a flight considering the numerous stations it uses. With the weather warming up I was curious since the Mavic gets hot. What do you think is an acceptable non risky ambient air temperature. Phones and computers have gotten better but I've seen them hit their limits and not turn on.

I know the Mavic will issue warnings etc about battery temp. But there's still a chance excess heat could cause a solder point to come loose etc

Any thoughts?

The Mavic has a smaller body and some vents for airflow and a heat sink on the bottom. The Phantom in my opinion dosent really need it due to the larger body.

9bca223284502fe4c8a3426a7a548192.jpg

Solder has a melting point of appprox. 188 degrees C......I don't think you're going to have any worries there!

As I am in Africa and it gets here easily between 35 and 40 Centigrade, I have learned that the Mavic doesn't like it. For me, 35 is the max. Everything else results in stubborn remote, sluggish flights and dodgy footage.
For me no go

Solder in these boards don't melt unless you put roughly 750°F or 395°C to it. These use solder with a high melting point. Also the boards average temperature is 60°C. So nothing will happen.

Fly with your conscience. When it is very cold, or very hot, lay off the full throttle operations. Fly gently. Fly with good air flow (angle of attack).

Fly with your conscience. When it is very cold, or very hot, lay off the full throttle operations. Fly gently. Fly with good air flow (angle of attack).

I fly in the desert in very hot weather and am always in sports mode. The only time I'm not in sports mode is when I'm landing.

I usually fly at least 4 batteries; one after another when I go out flying.

I've never had an issue other than the over current discharge warnings a couple of times.

Believe me, the Mavic can handle its operation.

Not sure if you fly with the gimble cover on but if you do it will block the vents that are behind the cover. I often fly in high temp and humidity and never had an issue.

I don't have heat problems (yet). :) It is only hitting 80 or so on the warm days right now. 100+ will come in a couple of months. I just don't see a reason to stress things when not needed. I'm babying the Mavic batts until they have some hours on them. They are pretty new right now. Oh, and I don't fly with the guard on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji