DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An Endless Ring of Light… Just got my Mavic

ckizer

Reactions
Less than 24 hours, and I already broke something. However it was just the SD card as I was trying to shove it into my crappy USB-C reader. So this image is the low resolution ones rescued off my iPhone. I apologize for the quality.

Farmington, CA - Outside of the San Francisco Bay Area, California

17635263_10155205348145802_1573646177934269487_o.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the mavic vs P3P

That IS an awesome picture.

I wonder how close you could get to that radio tower before it started interfering with your signal...... DON't try to find out!

Be sure and look at the posts on this forum regarding which SD cards are good and which ones are not, so you get the right replacement. There does seem to be a difference. I bought a 64GB San Disk Class 10 and it seems to work fine, but maybe there is a better/faster option? I got it before I discovered this forum.

That IS an awesome picture.

I wonder how close you could get to that radio tower before it started interfering with your signal...... DON't try to find out!

Be sure and look at the posts on this forum regarding which SD cards are good and which ones are not, so you get the right replacement. There does seem to be a difference. I bought a 64GB San Disk Class 10 and it seems to work fine, but maybe there is a better/faster option? I got it before I discovered this forum.

That was my question when I got out to fly. You can see my car below across from the tower. In my previous experience near a similar tower in a different location my P3P didn't like being close. With the mavic it warned me about compass errors, and told me I was limited to 16 feet in height because of this (very cool!) as I flew away the error resolved itself. I was extremely caution because I knew it would probably create errors. I did fly a bit closer than these photos show but I played it cautious the whole time. The mavic handled it beautifully.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya