DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An Unexpected Gem

xpower180

Reactions
Was out flying over a small boating lake this morning, just testing some camera settings (video). When I reviewed the footage at home one particular frame stood out so I captured it and messed about with it in Ps, quite pleased with the result considering it was in no way planned for!

May have to go back and shoot it in raw...

Untitled Project 2.jpg

You could look at that from the ground and think nothing of it but an aerial shot makes it something completely different.

Very nice catch...no need to shoot it in RAW, that pic "pops" just as it is.

Colors , lighting, and unexpected composition is such a treat! I would fly again and take a staionary shot in .RAW as the edges look "slightly" Jaggy. Or better yet. Take a 3, or 5 shot AEB and then combine them using Photmatix Pro. It will allow you some true HDR to bring out the areas of the picture that you would like.

Appreciate all the positive comments!
It's little things like this when out flying that add that something extra to the trip.

That is very cool! Thats the one thing I really like about flying/shooting with a drone. Sometimes you capture something unexpected (in a positive way) that you wouldn't have been able to see from the ground...

Was out flying over a small boating lake this morning, just testing some camera settings (video). When I reviewed the footage at home one particular frame stood out so I captured it and messed about with it in Ps, quite pleased with the result considering it was in no way planned for!

May have to go back and shoot it in raw...

View attachment 5322

Reactions: xpower180

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots