DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anaheim

rcartie

Reactions
Any Mavic flyers in Anaheim Ca area. Still waiting on my Mavic.

I fly in Anaheim hills all the time, one of my favorite spots. Look up Ave De Santiago. Go East to the end of the street, park in the cul-de-sac. Hike 500' south on a foot path to a cliff that overlooks a huge valley. Great spot, bring a folding chair.

Fly often, be safe.

Reactions: rawkitt
John,

When i get my Mavic. I will shot you an email...Thanks...RCArtie

I live in Chino Hills and I am ready to fly anytime during the weekdays or weekends. If anyone wants to go fly together just give me a shout out. My email addy is: [email protected]

Kent Elliott
canyonrunvideos.com

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Is the spot called glider point?
Is there a bench at that spot
If you're talking about Ave De Santiago, I've never heard it called that. No bench either. You need to look at the date of the posts you're replying to, these are quite old.

They are NOT the same place
Ave de Santiago is on the south side of the 91 freeway in Anaheim Hills off of Serano and Hidden Canyon Rd
Glider Point is on the north side of the 91 freeway in Chino Hills State Park, in Yorba Linda off of the top of Rim Crest north of Fairmont Bl.
That thing that looks like a bench is a steel lockbox that we used to keep our frequency pins locked up in back before 2.4 radios.
here's a cobbled together map
9-2-2017 7-46-34 AM.jpg

Oh yes, I've flown at Glider Point before, a long time ago, like 10yrs ago, with my glider. Good glider hill. My mind wasn't even thinking of that place, but that's a nice place to fly if you don't mind hiking up a really big hill, almost 1/2mi hike. It's quite a climb.

Ave De Santiago is way more accommodating, and safer, because you have miles of hills to explore, away from people and home wifi interference. At glider point you'll be flying over homes and a new housing track called Enclave, shown below, and in this video. If you're wondering about the effect at 1:20 and 1:40, that was done with Litchi by flying the same mission 3 times.

upload_2017-9-2_16-49-44.png

upload_2017-9-2_17-2-35.png

Another alternative is instead of hiking West up the hill, there's another trail North called Easy Street that goes down a slight incline into a canyon that's a great flight area. If you have a backpack you can hike all the way down to Telegraph Cyn trail, a popular biking trails with lots of oak trees, quite scenic. I've taken my ebike on that trail and flown the Chino State Park area in the Spring when all the wild flowers were blooming. Nice in the Spring, not so much today.

Last edited:
Sadly the new houses continue to encroach on what used to be great flying sites.
Glider point is STILL a fantastic place to fly gliders. I have been flying there for a long time, originally with the local YL flying club when they still allowed us to drive up and park on top.
As to flying quads up there, simply face north and avoid the houses totally. There is a lot of open land and hills to explore.
:)Thumbswayup

Thanks for the fly location guys, the spots seem great spots to fly out, away from the crowd. anyone near the OC area that wants to meet up ? I will be hiking up in Gliders point this coming Saturday, early as 9-930am to get some of that morning footage, hopefully avoid the sunny side. Post here or PM me if you want to meet up.

I live on the border of Anaheim and Garden Grove. Just got these today...

Attachments

• DJI_0035.JPG
    DJI_0035.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 29
  • DJI_0038.JPG
    DJI_0038.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 25
  • DJI_0046.JPG
    DJI_0046.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 24
  • DJI_0025.JPG
    DJI_0025.JPG