DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Nexus 6P disconnects and battery errors

DebianDog

Reactions
Sometimes the app just crashes for no reason, it seems to crash more often while in modes (tripod, POI, etc) and once in a while it crashes so hard it resets the controller forcing RTH. The hard crash, for whatever reason, also causes a battery error. All 3 batteries will do this.

Mavic on the iPhone seems to run without issue but unfortunately the iPhone is not mine to use all the time, I have a Nexus 6P that was running Android 7.0.0 NBD90X and was getting these weird errors with both DJI Go version 3 and 4 (not installed at the same time). So I uninstalled them both. upgraded to 7.0.0 NBD91K. Wiped the cache partition. Booted. reinstalled 4.0 and got the same errors when I went flying. I have tried it with and without USB debugging. I have made sure to clear all apps before connecting to the controller and besides a factory reset I can not think of anything else I can do.

Suggestions?

419N28N.jpg

I'm running 7.0 on a 6P. I got DJI Go4 to connect once which disconnected 2 minutes into my first flight. After that, neither Go or Go4 would connect. DJI customer service was no help at all.

I purchased an iPad Mini2 to dedicate to the Mavic. It has worked very well so far with no issues through about 5 flights. Spending more ($250 including a right angle cable) on the Mavic wasn't what I had in mind but I consider it 'insurance' against a fly away due to faulty software.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That sucks. Haven't flown my Mavic since I got it back from service centre for other issue.. this making nervous to try.

I've seen that @darkneo has flown with a 6p. You might want to see how he fairs with it.

i've been reading more on DJI Go 4.. seems like a lot of your issues are being experienced by other phone users (both android and iphone):

DJI GO vs. DJI GO 4

Might be the app specifically.

I haven't flown with the DJI Go 4 app yet. But with the older app I got occasional crashes here and there. Sometimes I'd fly and get no crashes, and other times I'd fly and get one or two crashes.

I switched to using the large USB port underneath the transmitter and it seemed to fix all my problems. I did 7 flights back to back on various devices then plugged in the old cable and recorded this video.

I switched to using the large USB port underneath the transmitter and it seemed to fix all my problems. I did 7 flights back to back on various devices then plugged in the old cable and recorded this video.

hmm, interesting issue.. thanks for sharing this. I'm sure this protocol will save some people a lot of grief and high blood pressure knowing they at least have an alternative for flight and recovery!

Same here. Crash of the app locks the RC and gives battery error. Then no RTH has been enforced and Mavic was just hovering and yellow blinking. Latest firmware.

Sent from my SM-G930F using MavicPilots mobile app

Did you try powering off the rc ??

yes twice

But did you leave it off for a while as the mavic is supposed to rth and land when it looses connection with the rc ??

I am sure i have seen a youtube video demonstrating this safty function.

But did you leave it off for a while as the mavic is supposed to rth and land when it looses connection with the rc ??

I am sure i have seen a youtube video demonstrating this safty function.
You can watch the video right above and see that when I reboot it the Drone doesn't do anything

You can watch the video right above and see that when I reboot it the Drone doesn't do anything

Yeah i did see that but that was a restart so my not have been off for long enough thats all ...

Yeah i did see that but that was a restart so my not have been off for long enough thats all ...
I haven't owned a drone in three years that didn't automatically and instantly do a return to home the second it lost connectivity with the transmitter but, I guess, since it was set to Hover in case of radio loss. I would assume it would just land when it hits the critical battery threshold. *shrugs*

Last edited:
I just had the exact same problem...

I was indoors, cause it was getting dark outside.
Took off, and almost immediately, the controller disconnected,
My return home was still set to 30m and although there was not GPS I had no idea what the thing was about to do...

Controller disconnected, and the Mavic just hovered there 1/2 M from the ground.

I pulled the cable and re inserted it to try get it to reconnect (no luck)
I quit the app and tried it again (no luck)
Pressed the power button on the phone and turned it back on (no luck)

I basically had two options
Wait for the battery to run flat could initiate a RTH
Try grab the drone from below(sending it into the ceiling)​

Neither option looked good
Return to Home was set to 30 M (I tried to set it to 1M before I took off and it would not let me)

Opted to power of the controller (drone stayed in place with yellow light flashing)
Powered up controller and it connected like nothing happened.
Landed safely crisis averted

Details
Nexus 6P 7.1.1
Flying in beginner mode
Mavic 1 version behind (controller battery too low to complete upgrade)
Flying on standard cable (not the bottom USB port)
DJI Go 4

I also had DJI Go installed and had them both installed for a while, I then uninstalled DJI Go before I used DJI Go 4

Also have Lichi installed
No other apps running

Mavic total flying time 5 minutes
I must say my confidence is a little shaken as a disconnect like that could cost me my drone next time...
Planning upgrade to latest versions ASAP
Will be super cautious the next few flights until I am comfortable that this is all working like its supposed to.

My guess is that there is an issue keeping a stable connection with the micro to type-c. I've read about not all type-c cables being equal, and am hoping that this is the case. I tried wifi mode to see if the 6P would disconnect. Stayed connected with no interruptions. Everyone's 6P should've come with a USB to type-c so I'd give that a go. I'm out of town so can't try this now, but when I do I'll post results.

I've read that connecting to the bottom USB port and selecting Debugging Mode on your 6p is a workaround for a bunch of the issues ppl are experiencing.. haven't tried myself.

It seems a lot of the issues (crashing etc) are tied to Go4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters