DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Nexus 6P disconnects and battery errors

I've read that Airplane Mode should be on in case a Text message interrupts process ....

I have no problems with my 6P. I am still on android 6.0.1 because xposed doesn't work with 7.0 yet. So I have not upgraded to nougat. I use the micro usb.

Update to issue...
Went flying last night prior to fliying
  • Updated firmware to latest version
When I restarted everything at the end, I noticed a new warning saying that my 6P WiFi was causing interference with controller...

I did two thins last night
  • I turned off WiFi when I went flying
  • I used the short USB to C (I got with my 6P) cable and connected to the bottom of the controller.
I flattened two batteries and did not have a single issue on either of them.
I will try the Micro to C on my next flight

Here is hoping...

Reactions: grizzard
Update to issue...
Went flying last night prior to fliying
  • Updated firmware to latest version
When I restarted everything at the end, I noticed a new warning saying that my 6P WiFi was causing interference with controller...

I did two thins last night
  • I turned off WiFi when I went flying
  • I used the short USB to C (I got with my 6P) cable and connected to the bottom of the controller.
I flattened two batteries and did not have a single issue on either of them.
I will try the Micro to C on my next flight

Here is hoping...

Interesting.. thanks for sharing your findings!

Hi

Just got back from a few great flights... ( 2 batteries)

I used DJI Go4
I enabled flight mode on my 6P
I used the Micro USB to C (cable that came with controller)

The disconnect did not happen again

I did have a few Go4 app crashes, this was while I was playing with follow me and the camera. I was able to maintain control of the drone at all times. ( I was 100% flying line of sight)

My conclusion so far is that it was a WiFi issue on the 6P that could have caused the problem.
I don't see this as to much of a problem as it helps save battery life anyway

I hope this helps...
Cheers

Reactions: camfirstflyer
Do you know what a Go4 Error means? I'm curious .... And do you use the Google Project Fi for you carrier or AT&T or Verizon? Google Fi has some lag when it switches from tower to tower in switching to carriers and even though you are not moving with the controller in hand, I wonder if that might be causing some interference? Just thinking out loud here. It's looking like Airplane Mode might have fixed the problem?

Hi

Just got back from a few great flights... ( 2 batteries)

I used DJI Go4
I enabled flight mode on my 6P
I used the Micro USB to C (cable that came with controller)

The disconnect did not happen again

I did have a few Go4 app crashes, this was while I was playing with follow me and the camera. I was able to maintain control of the drone at all times. ( I was 100% flying line of sight)

My conclusion so far is that it was a WiFi issue on the 6P that could have caused the problem.
I don't see this as to much of a problem as it helps save battery life anyway

I hope this helps...
Cheers

Hi,

Just wondering if your fix is still stable or...?

Hi,

Just wondering if your fix is still stable or...?
Hi, Yes it seems to be working...

Enabling flight mode on my phone every time I fly now, have not had it fail since then...( I have not tested without doing this, and probably won't as I think its a good idea to do this). I don't want the phone to ring while I am out playing anyway ;-)

I do still get an application crash every now and then, but an application restart seems to work pretty well.

Thankfully I have not seen a controller disconnect again...

Reactions: camfirstflyer
I also have a nexus 6p getting a "Sys warning" and "check App" Also the app crashed on me several times (after only a few minutes when in simulation. I am worried this will happen in an actual flight. I contacted customer support and they said "please use a recommended device". I am now buying a nexus7 2nd gen for $165. I have heard the nexus7 II is a reliable device for the go app. I also like the idea of having a bigger screen and not having to monkey with hooking up my phone etc. I can just leave the nexus 7 II hooked up..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost