DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android use and NOT Iphone

Do you know if need a dedicate holder or fit ok in the remote control ( in short its thickness is ok ? )
Shield thickness is fine but it is way too wide to fit in the remote (8" is the limit if you remove the cable). You need a mount (and they are a bit weird imo).

Someone using a Chuwi Hi8 Pro (around $95, Win10 & Android 5.1).
Its about the same speed as an iPad Mini 2 so i hope it will work.
It got HDMI out as added Bonus :)
Anyone ?
Not this one but I got another of these Intel-based Chinese Win/android things, and while it's certainly powerful enough it's unusable because it happens there is no "device"-type USB port. The micro-USB port works only as charge input and OTG Host... no Device, so no way to connect to the controller. So there's a risk with that.

Not this one but I got another of these Intel-based Chinese Win/android things, and while it's certainly powerful enough it's unusable because it happens there is no "device"-type USB port. The micro-USB port works only as charge input and OTG Host... no Device, so no way to connect to the controller. So there's a risk with that.
Kilrah, which one is that. I actually never heard of an Android device that can not act as USB slave ?!

Ender

GOLE 1.

Me either, but then I had never seen/used an Intel/x86-based Android device before.

I inquired with the manufacturer who said "For the device with Intel chip, micro USB on GOLE1 only has charging function and OTG function."
Hard to say from the Chinglish whether that's really a platform limitation, a result of their hardware implementation, or just a software/driver thing.

It makes for a nice tiny PC though, even if it won't work with DJI stuff. It turns out my other option was better mechanically anyway, but it's interesting how reality can change your plans. I really thought the GOLE would be the best thing to use both mechanically and for the performance while the other would not work without major work - turned out to be the opposite, this one doesn't work at all and would have been pretty impractical anyway, while the other fits like a glove in all respects.

I picked up an Acer Iconia One 7 today for $ 65 bucks Canadian just to try it out. Works like a charm (only done initial testing/flying at this point) and fits in the clamps with no magic or adapters. The USB cable coming out the side is a bit awkward for grip so I am going to pick one up that has a 90 head on it and then it will be perfect. I wanted a dedicated controller screen for the MAVVIE to prevent me from having to pull my iPhone 6 in and out of the case and gonging away as emails and texts came in and the screen on this baby is WAY bigger than the iPhone 6.

So far it is 100% and for $ 65 bucks I could not resist trying. So far..... perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair