DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Annoyingly loud "low battery" alarm sound

Rogue drone

Reactions
When the battery reaches 30% the remote starts to make that loud annoying sound and I can't get the volume down/off or shortened. Anyone have an idea if this is possible?

If not, DJI please make it happen in the next update. When you're flying in an area with not to much sound around it is really annoying and will alarm people or animals of your presence. I don't mind being alarmed for low battery but this is just way to aggressive constantly. And with 30% left that's quite a long time also.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
You can change to 30% setting through Go 4 when you next prepare to 'Go Fly'.
I've reviewed the circumstances I fly in, mainly over open grass land and low brambles, and currently have set mine to 25%, BUT, you do need to consider your situation.
The other day was breezy, and I had several 'high wind' warnings; even in Sport mode the air speed was low at times. After the warning went off I returned to home, by the time the aircraft landed the battery was reported at 14%. The safety margin was enough, but I used quite a chunk of it.
I have left the critical warning at 10%, and have Smart RTH enabled (which I think allows the software to make the forced RTH decision, based on the actual conditions experienced during flight).

I know nothing about muting the alarm; I'm not even sure if it comes from the Controller or the Mobile Device.

Regards.

That Release Note reads as if its the warning associated with the level of charge in the remote controller (not the level of charge in the aircraft battery, which by default is set to trigger at 30%).
It's this 30% figure which made me assume the OP was referring to the aircraft battery, although I now realise I might have made a mistake, because the OP doesn't explicitly refer to the aircraft battery.

Frankly, I didn't know there was a warning for the RC battery level. I've never flown long enough to use that much RC battery power.

Regards.

Thanks anyway. I'll just have to figure it out. I haven't emptied my RC yet either. I'll try next week when I'm in Verbier, Switzerland for a week. Hope to do lots of flying there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett