DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

another crashed thread. need help installing front arm

demon31

Reactions
So unfortunately my mavic hit some electrical wires going across the road while in activtrak. I guess those front sensors don't work on things like wires. Anyway it fell and one of the arms popped out of the socket. Theres a little metal piece that holds the arm to the body and lets it fold and unfold that got bent. I bent it back but can't get it to work like it did. I removed the other side just to get a comparison, and I can't get that one to work properly either when i put it back. When I reinstall it, the arm just rests in the middle of it's travel. Instead of snapping open or snapping closed, it just goes back to center. Anyone know how to install the front arms properly? I couldn't find any videos or instructions about this. Thanks

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Sorry to hear about your crash. The front arm pins are identical on both sides. First make sure it's not bent. Then you have to insert it into the hole and push it in. It's a square pin into a square hole. Fold up the arm to the side of the Mavic. Before you can push it all the way in, you have to wind the spring 1/4 turn so that it will keep the arm open and closed. When you have the 2 holes aligned (one screw hole to hold the pin in, the other to hold the top body on), push it hard and it will go in. Make sure that it is flush with the plastic of the 2 screw holes otherwise you wont be able to fold the arm straight. Screw it in (aft hole) and youre done. Just make sure the arm springs and holds both open and closed when youre done.

Thanks so much guys. Those pictures were extremely helpful. I was doing the same thing but wasn't orienting it the correct way. Luckily the gimbal didn't get hit in the crash but amazing how this thing still flies after a 30ft drop.

Got one more issue I found. I kept getting gimbal shake errors while flying. It would come and go. I realized it's due to one of the rubber bands holding the gimbal plate being broken. Is this easily replaceable? Where would i get that part? It looks like its glued to the frame.

Got one more issue I found. I kept getting gimbal shake errors while flying. It would come and go. I realized it's due to one of the rubber bands holding the gimbal plate being broken. Is this easily replaceable? Where would i get that part? It looks like its glued to the frame.

I sell them. Please start a conversation with me if you are interested.

Sorry to hear about your crash. The front arm pins are identical on both sides. First make sure it's not bent. Then you have to insert it into the hole and push it in. It's a square pin into a square hole. Fold up the arm to the side of the Mavic. Before you can push it all the way in, you have to wind the spring 1/4 turn so that it will keep the arm open and closed. When you have the 2 holes aligned (one screw hole to hold the pin in, the other to hold the top body on), push it hard and it will go in. Make sure that it is flush with the plastic of the 2 screw holes otherwise you wont be able to fold the arm straight. Screw it in (aft hole) and youre done. Just make sure the arm springs and holds both open and closed when youre done.
Thanks for the description, @Thunderdrones - it was very helpful. I'm replacing both pins on a crashed Mavic - they were sheared off. I got what looks like two identical replacement pins from Amazon. When following your description, one of them pops in beautifully. The other - well, not so much. Once I rotate it to wind the spring, it won't rotate back to line up with the screw holes. I've tried repeatedly. I tried taking the "good" pin out and putting it in the other side. One of the pin goes right in as you describe, on either arm, and one of them won't go in properly on either. Am I doing something wrong, or could it be a defective pin? Video of the behavior of the "bad" pin attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• hinge.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
after you get er up n runnin,read the manual,crashes get expensive

Thanks for the description, @Thunderdrones - it was very helpful. I'm replacing both pins on a crashed Mavic - they were sheared off. I got what looks like two identical replacement pins from Amazon. When following your description, one of them pops in beautifully. The other - well, not so much. Once I rotate it to wind the spring, it won't rotate back to line up with the screw holes. I've tried repeatedly. I tried taking the "good" pin out and putting it in the other side. One of the pin goes right in as you describe, on either arm, and one of them won't go in properly on either. Am I doing something wrong, or could it be a defective pin? Video of the behavior of the "bad" pin attached. Thanks!

Sometimes it takes a little fiddling to get the pin in straight. Look at the top side of the pin, and make sire that the pin is aligned with the hole and you will be able to push it in.

Sometimes it takes a little fiddling to get the pin in straight. Look at the top side of the pin, and make sire that the pin is aligned with the hole and you will be able to push it in.
For anyone else who's struggling, I found this tip from erbanassault on YouTube; worked like a charm: "You need two pair of pliers, one to hold the top cap where the two screw holes are open. A second pair of pliers holds the silver Square Spring holder. Twist the two parts to halfway and insert with the spring fully loaded."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00