DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Drone Bad story in the media

Jeez, glare shield cam :mad:. Now I know the anatomy of aircraft cockpits intimately.:p Anyroadup, why do they not have hi-res cameras somewhere in the cockpit to verify these assertions.:) As is commonly said on these forums, lets see the evidence, or it didn't happen.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Prove it.. unconfirmed and unsubstantiated.. there have been so many lies that I do not trust reports any longer. Especially reports from the media and pilots.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Bad news for us all no matter

That really isn't my take away. Not unless they actually confirm it. Not in today's day and age of video.. no pictures or video.. meh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a wonder the newspaper isn't offering the primary school element as "drone operators are paedos" to be honest. Small UAV and plane colliding is not good, but would most probably not be catastrophic.
That's exactly what they are trying to imply by the line about informing the school a drone was spotted hovering over the building.(You'd see so much at 500 feet, maybe even a one-pixel child through the window)

It's another fabrication based on speculation, due to absence of any hard evidence of the imaginary drone and imaginary paedo-pilot [new word] flying it.
As always they managed to re-use old stock photo of Phantom 2 again..

Reactions: HeavensAbove
BAN 'EM ALL!!!! They are a menace!

Would be if it got sucked into an engine. The blades turn the drone into shrapnel and will act like a grenade just blew in the engine causing the turbine to blow. Did you know that something as simple as a shoe can cause an engine to blow? Ash causes the engine to overheat and blow.

Unless it was in the criteria stages of take off, which would be bad - as the pilots would have neither the power or airspeed to stay airborne, nor the time to abort take off - or the plane flew through a very large flock of drones, it would still be of no real danger at all other time to the plane and would be no different to a single bird being ingested or a turbine blade failure or loss of oil pressure or engine overheat etc etc, all things crews are well versed in dealing with, will have trained repeatedly for and likely had to action at some point in their time flying.
Happens on occasions and most passengers would likely be completely aware an engine was even out.

Whilst we shouldn't play down the risk to our hobby from idiots, neither should we jump on the band wagon of dome and gloom about a story that might not even be a drone and what ever it was was 1400 ft from this plane.
Birds rarely cause planes to fall out the sky onto primary school and drones real or imagined are even less likely to cause the same.
And i see loads of birds up their in the sky, last time I saw a drone up there, apart from mine, was over a year ago, so I wouldn't loose to much sleep over some sloppy lazy reporting in the press

The only Factual logic in this thread is that if anything strikes an aircraft during flight 'IT'S BAD' so please stop talking utter pish about things going in engines and whether is would be a problem..... So bored of people defending that point.... If you disagree, next time you get on an airliner ask the pilot the question. The guy in charge of the souls on board! :mad::(

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura