DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another learning curve

bsshog40

Reactions
So I got to fly my mp again today. Second time. I really love this thing, especially since I'm a newbie and the beginner mode is a nice teacher. So I learned a couple more things today.
1. In beginner mode, the mp is limited to 30m (90'). I thought that would be the distance from the rc but its the distance from the home point.
2. I had reset my gimbal to operate a little smoother, per a youtube video. While filming, I noticed it was jerking a lot. After flying, went into my settings and noticed it didnt save settings and defaulted to 0. I must have "x'd" out instead of backed out. Reset it again, backed out, went back in and settings saved.
3. I was able to transfer my videos over to my samsung note but noticed they wouldn't play very well. Then I noticed default video setting is 4k. Set that to 1080p. Hope that works better next time.
All in all, I had fun flying and learning. Even at only 90' high, looks pretty cool in the air!!

Reactions: skypros
Great! Very glad to see that you're taking it "one step at a time", unlike some others that attempt to fly 2 miles out with buildings obstructing the signal on their first flight.

Think that the video's on the Samsung are 1080 and the 4K ones are still on the drone chip. But 1080 is certainly more useful unless you own all the newest stuff (I don't)

Reactions: dupuisdaddyo
I always film 4K. Pop the card in my Nvidia shield to preview. Works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: vas67
So the sheild will play the videos also? That's cool

I have no problem playing the 4k on my mini ipad2. This is what I use for flying. Its just when I transfer to my samsung is where the playback issues arise. Guess its not compatible. My samsung note is 3-4 yrs old.

Thank You for posting this..... My videos were awful, because of the gimbal.... did a google search and Tom's tech time... has a video on how to adjust the gimbal....
I am sure this video has been posted somewhere here on MavPilots

2. I had reset my gimbal to operate a little smoother, per a youtube video. While filming, I noticed it was jerking a lot. After flying, went into my settings and noticed it didnt save settings and defaulted to 0. I must have "x'd" out instead of backed out. Reset it again, backed out, went back in and settings saved.

Last edited:
So the sheild will play the videos also? That's cool

Yep.. the shield unlike iOS has a Microsd slot. You put the card in the shield and it plays fine. Can be done in the field which is awesome.

Yep.. the shield unlike iOS has a Microsd slot. You put the card in the shield and it plays fine. Can be done in the field which is awesome.

Sweet.... Sounds good to me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143