DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Mavic goes back to DJI because of the gimbal.

Snowhack

Reactions
I got my Mavic in Feb thinking this would be the DJI product that would convince me, a hobbiest, to go "consumer drone" or at least respect DJI.... Nope. Tried to fly it a dozen times in varying temps (late winter in Western New York) only to have jello every time. Finally saw temps over 50-60 and still jello. I've watched and tried every YouTube video "cure" in existence about it, four times on chat with DJI being told it's the temp. Only to eventually be asked to return it for service. I'm sorry but 60F should not be an issue. YouTube is full of video on arctic locations. Before I get all the "cure" comments it wasn't the 3 retaining clips, calibration, firmware, gimbal lock, ribbons, screws, props, or settings...tried it all.

The funniest part of this is that when I took the box to the UPS store they said, "oh another return to DJI".

Giving DJI one more shot and then it's back to my Cleanflight.

I would really feel bad for DJI if this was the Mavic's undoing, it seems like such a great little quad.

So Mavic comes back with no connection to the remote. It turns out they replaced the craft. No instructions in the box indicating I needed to re-bind the two together. I found that on line and in the manual. The rep on DJI.com chat had no idea what was wrong and asked to me to send back everything AGAIN!! I told him he has to be friggen kidding me and the chat mysteriously ends. It turns out this is normal and DJI usually sends notice and instructions in the box. They just didn't do it in the case of the guy bending over backwards to give DJI a chance. So after taking care of that I find that I have fantastic video. Gimbal functions perfectly except for a weird horizon tilt every once in a while. Which from what I've seen on line is a common issue. On the second flight the Mavic video feed showed the gimbal or the craft itself acting very erratic. Props come into frame then the ground, then the sky, then it looks all over the place. I almost thought a bird may have been attacking the Mavic. I hit return to home and it came back ok. Video recording stopped at the point of the event but it recorded in the video log on the phone. A day later I get an atti mode announcement and then a crash from about 10 feet that destroyed the gimbal. So it's once again back at DJI. I think it's hilarious that all this is happening to someone who was reluctant for years to even consider a DJI product as anything other than a toy for hipsters and not for serious hobbyist. I literally had to be begged to just give DJI a chance. Very ironic.

Sorry you had a bad experience with DJI. Very frustrating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots