DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Philip Bloom Video, Tripod Mode in the Woods

Tripod mode could be interesting. I don't know that I'd use it all that much as I tend to fly faster in the 20-25mph range when filming the wide open spaces of the desert southwest USA. But, if you have an object of interest and want to spend some time on it tripod mode looks to be real useful for that.

Brian

Remember, not everyone will be doing wide-angle landscape shots. I am looking at Tripod mode for long dolly shots of a subject and using the focusing to add interesting looks to the shot. For me, landscape is secondary.

Remember, not everyone will be doing wide-angle landscape shots. I am looking at Tripod mode for long dolly shots of a subject and using the focusing to add interesting looks to the shot. For me, landscape is secondary.

For sure, tripod mode could be real helpful in getting those dolly shots. And that brings me to the next question about it ... how does the stick feel change in tripod mode? For example, if you were shooting an ad for a new car and wanted to do a manual dolly/boom shot where you fly around the car it would be interesting to know how the gain and expo change if at all in tripod mode.

Brian

All of the flying for my agency will be indoors. So, I will be using tripod mode all of the time. As such, it will be quite useful and I was glad to see it incorporated into the DJI GO app.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but watching this video made me realize another 'benefit' of the narrower field of view... Since it's slightly more zoomed in, when flying over or very close vegetation, the downdraft effect doesn't seem nearly as evident as it does on the phantom. Very nice.

Reactions: Theron
This is nothing short of mind blowing! Imagine what it would take to get that pull back shot with all the vegetation if done using practical means.
This Tripod mode is exciting!

I read the entire mavic pro users manual and the only place it mentioned tripod mode was on page 57 showing it as an intelligent mode function, but it tells nothing more about it. exactly what does it do in tripod mode ?

Tripod mode slows down all craft movements to a maximum of something like 2.5mph. SLOOOOWWWW...

His video is so good, there are at least three other accounts that have copied and reposted his video. Infuriating. This is why I care for animals more than people.

As long as the video is credited and showed in its entirety, there is no problem reposting it for non commercial purpose.
If you gut it out and take a clip for your own benefit that's a no no without permission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000