DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another thought on the Batteries (if you ordered more than 1)

Deckyon

Reactions
I do this with anything I use that has swap-able batteries.

Number them. Mine will be 1 thru 4.

That way you can be sure to rotate them and not have to wonder which is charged, and which isnt. This way, you use them the same amount, rather than have one that always gets used and a couple that rarely get used.

Come up with a way of knowing which are in need of charge, and which are full. I plan on using the positioning in the case for me to tell which is which. Just come up with a method and stick with it.

Any other ideas here are welcome.

Does measuring resistance work when determining battery health for these? Like in the RC world. I wonder if this is what DJI does automatically.

Would it make more sense to fly the healthiest battery more often, if bought at the same time?

Does measuring resistance work when determining battery health for these? Like in the RC world. I wonder if this is what DJI does automatically.

Would it make more sense to fly the healthiest battery more often, if bought at the same time?

While not the best to make assumptions, I do make the assumption of when I buy the batteries all at the same time, they are all in new condition and no real testing needs to happen to see which is "healthiest." Now, months down the road, if I notice that Battery 2 is only lasting for 15 minutes consistantly on a full charge in comparison to Battery 4 which lasts 25, then it is easy to assume there is an issue with Battery 2. I will then see if I can get a replacement under a warranty, or just get a new one.

Also, if I have an outing on Monday and use up Batteries 1 and 2, then the next time out, I start with 3 and then 4. It is about giving equal time to each.

For the camera batteries, I was able to get 4 years out of them. And for a drone, if you get 4 years out of the batteries, your are likely on the next model up and rotating out a whole new set of batteries.

I label mine with the month and year along with a sequential number e.g. October 16 - 1, October 16 - 2.

Sequential number to ensure I use all the same amount of time and the month to gauge age, and perhaps look for patterns if one starts to fail.

Not quite sure what you mean by position in the case as they're intelligent batteries with lights to show charge amount.

I label mine with the month and year along with a sequential number e.g. October 16 - 1, October 16 - 2.

Sequential number to ensure I use all the same amount of time and the month to gauge age, and perhaps look for patterns if one starts to fail.

Not quite sure what you mean by position in the case as they're intelligent batteries with lights to show charge amount.

Face Up, or Face Down. Something to differentiate a charged battery from a depleted battery.

The batteries I had for my camera had a small plate that went on to cover the connectors. If you put it on one way, it had a cut-out that showed a BLUE battery. If you put it another, it showed a BLACK battery. I designated (in my head) to put it on to show BLUE for charged, BLACK for depleted. Worked like a charm.

I like the idea of Month on the label. Gonna steal that idea. ;-)

I realize we can just press the button and check the status, but I personally just want to glance in my case and be able to see quickly which are usable and which will need to hit power when I get home. I dont want to add something to the top of the batteries that will stick out like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000