DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another thread about filters and camera settings

Zeroshift

Reactions
I have been reading all the posts regarding nd filters and having been very disappointed with the watercolour effect that I'm seeing on my photos I purchased a set of Taco ND filetrs (multi-coated version).
They arrived very quickly - free shipping USA to UK so I was very impressed.

Anyhoo, went out today and took the same photos and video with no filter, uv, nd 4, nd8, nd16 and nd32 (photos jpeg +raw) to make a comparison back on the macbook at home.

They definitely make a big difference. For instance with no filter at iso 100 shutter was 1/350. with nd4 it was down to iso100 1/100.
But then the crux of my question: with the nd8, the iso auto changed to iso 180 and kept the shutter at 1/100. with nd16 iso changed to 104 1/25

Can I set the dji go software to stick with a certain iso and then change the shutter accordingly (which is what i would prefer)? If so what is the ideal iso?
(I think that the photos taken with nd16 iso104 1/25 look the best with best colour and least watercolour effect).

many thanks for any advice - i have read the posts regarding this but cant find in fo about setting up the dji go software setting. ta.

Yes, just go into your settings and set to manual. Then, once you set your ISO, it stays there and you can control your shutter speed with the wheel.
The best ISO is the lowest one you can get away with in a given situation. ISO 100 works for just about any daylight situation, giving you the least noise. You then just choose an ND which gives you somewhere around 1/50-1/60, SS and you're good to go.

Reactions: Strafe1 and BD0G
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme