DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anti avoidance

kydroneman

Reactions
Finally got to fly my mavic a few days ago at the club field. I wanted to test the anti avoidance and was hovering I'd say about 10-12 ft. off the ground and flew it straight toward me. It stopped several feet away and hovered so I'm like cool. I tried it again and it wouldn't stop. I moved out of the way and stopped, turned it around and fly it to me again and same thing happened. Are there some factors I'm not aware of? I was afraid to fly it toward our storage shed for fear it would crash....

Try it at slow vs fast speeds. It's supposed to limit your forward speed when turned on but maybe somehow the speed that it can work at, which is 10km/hr, is being exceeded.

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

I think this happened to me too. I wonder if it's programmed to have the second attempt cause an override of the feature. I highly dought it as we would have seen or read about it by now.

I think this happened to me too. I wonder if it's programmed to have the second attempt cause an override of the feature. I highly dought it as we would have seen or read about it by now.

I was watching a youtube video by timothy sunday demonstrating this feature and he did it more than once so I'm kind of puzzled.

You were flying it at around 10-12ft altitude? In that case the front sensors may not be picking you up properly. They may only be just marginally detecting the top of your head or something. You said you had to get out of the way... Surely it would have just flown right over you? Or did you lower the Mavic before flying it towards yourself, but forgot to mention that?

I've found the OA marginal when I had the Mavic around head height or higher. If I have it at chest height, it definitely knows I'm there. Haven't tried flying it at myself at high speed, but the Mavic does start limiting its speed once an obstacle is detected from maybe 5m away.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54