DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any help pls? / compass redundancy / download data connection lost

Hatman30

Reactions
IMG_5270.JPG IMG_5266.JPG so this happened!
Any ideas at all? Checked the onboard footage and when the connection was lost the video went out of focus and started glitching. The mavic didn't regain signal until about 500 ft away.
Also I was in sports mode and had a motor warning error before the compass warning happened.

View attachment 8087 View attachment 8086 so this happened!
Any ideas at all? Checked the onboard footage and when the connection was lost the video went out of focus and started glitching. The mavic didn't regain signal until about 500 ft away.
Also I was in sports mode and had a motor warning error before the compass warning happened.
Before even commenting, why didn't you just link use to the HD log? Much easier to work with than screenshots.

So I see the onboard hardware failed somewhere. Can you upload the log files for that flight from the black box?

So I see the onboard hardware failed somewhere. Can you upload the log files for that flight from the black box?
U mean directly from the Mavic?
I can't get the Assistant to work with my Mac even though I have the latest OS. The dji usb lead didnt work so I used another, on the controller it says usb connected but the app doesn't register it. Thus I only have the data from the controller / iPhone

U mean directly from the Mavic?
I can't get the Assistant to work with my Mac even though I have the latest OS. The dji usb lead didnt work so I used another, on the controller it says usb connected but the app doesn't register it. Thus I only have the data from the controller / iPhone
With that 80 second gap, it's hard to tell what the drone was doing in the meantime. Are you sure you have DJI Assistant setup correctly. You basically start it up, connect the USB to the Mavic, and turn the Mavic on.

With that 80 second gap, it's hard to tell what the drone was doing in the meantime. Are you sure you have DJI Assistant setup correctly. You basically start it up, connect the USB to the Mavic, and turn the Mavic on.
I have tried it with various leads and re and uninstalling it but to no avail. I have the footage from the sd card. It shows that when the connection was lost the video went out of focus , jittery and then froze temporarily. The mavic then follows the rth procedure and travels back to the home point as shown in the log map. I know a lot of people have been struggling to get DJI assistant to work on their macs. I may spend some more time trying to install it on my other mac laptop and see if that works. Very infuriating

I have tried it with various leads and re and uninstalling it but to no avail. I have the footage from the sd card. It shows that when the connection was lost the video went out of focus , jittery and then froze temporarily. The mavic then follows the rth procedure and travels back to the home point as shown in the log map. I know a lot of people have been struggling to get DJI assistant to work on their macs. I may spend some more time trying to install it on my other mac laptop and see if that works. Very infuriating
Hmm. It works perfectly on my Mac.

I'm using v1.0.9. I downloaded from DJI.
I just managed to install Assistant 2 on my newer Mac book pro and it connects fine.
However, everything works as it should apart from the Export black box option(both controller and Mavic). It just says exporting and the loading icon just goes round and round and round.
Any more ideas pls? Many thx

I just managed to install Assistant 2 on my newer Mac book pro and it connects fine.
However, everything works as it should apart from the Export black box option(both controller and Mavic). It just says exporting and the loading icon just goes round and round and round.
Any more ideas pls? Many thx
If you're trying to retrieve the .DAT then the Black Box isn't the right option. The .DAT is retrieved by selecting the Flight Record option. Look here for more info on this.

If you're trying to retrieve the .DAT then the Black Box isn't the right option. The .DAT is retrieved by selecting the Flight Record option. Look here for more info on this.
I've managed to get the Mavic's dat files up on my desktop but I'm not able to copy or read them. Again any help appreciated

I've managed to get the Mavic's dat files up on my desktop but I'm not able to copy or read them. Again any help appreciated
You could provide the .DAT for others to look at and analyze. Do that by Dropboxing it and then posting a link.

You can analyze .DAT by using something like CsvView which can be obtained by going here. Since you're using a Mac you'll need to obtain the Mac version and take a look at the Mac version installation instructions on that page.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
You could provide the .DAT for others to look at and analyze. Do that by Dropboxing it and then posting a link.

You can analyze .DAT by using something like CsvView which can be obtained by going here. Since you're using a Mac you'll need to obtain the Mac version and take a look at the Mac version installation instructions on that page.
Hi , I'm unable to copy or save the dat files from the memory card , even if I go into **** utility and create new image it isn't allowing me to??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61