DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any help pls? / compass redundancy / download data connection lost

Hi , I'm unable to copy or save the dat files from the memory card , even if I go into **** utility and create new image it isn't allowing me to??
This sounds familiar. But, I don't own a Mac so I can't help and I forgot how it was resolved. Maybe look here
Assistant 2 Problem

Am I correct in thinking that because the Gps health of the drone stayed at 5 throughout the flight that it was the controller that was at fault?

The logs are definitely confirming that the drone was responding to the RC. I note that you initiated a RTH after the supposed disconnect, but then you toggled on the sport switch, and then re-activated the RTH procedure.

You apparently have some very tall trees, and it's good to see you have OA for RTH active. Your drone steered around several trees on the way home.

Reactions: cardplayer71
The CSV alone doesn't make mention of any errors. I don't see any compass errors on the drone. Can you upload the full .DAT file. There's a separate log file contained within it, that I would like to look at.

The logs are definitely confirming that the drone was responding to the RC. I note that you initiated a RTH after the supposed disconnect, but then you toggled on the sport switch, and then re-activated the RTH procedure.

You apparently have some very tall trees, and it's good to see you have OA for RTH active. Your drone steered around several trees on the way home.
The return journey is direct from the drones location back to the controller, and it was well above the trees. I'll try again to save the .dat file to the drop box, it failed last time

The return journey is direct from the drones location back to the controller, and it was well above the trees. I'll try again to save the .dat file to the drop box, it failed last time
Not according to the flight logs. I see 9 instances where the FVS detected an object, engaged emergency braking and either moved sideways or increased the altitude and then continued to go home.

Reactions: BudWalker
Observe the red area of the data viewer. That's when the drone was on RTH mode. The darker red areas are the times it hit the breaks to move. I can also overlay the altitude data, and position data, and you'll see the drone moving side ways or upwards in every instance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 16.50.05.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 16.50.05.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 16
Observe the red area of the data viewer. That's when the drone was on RTH mode. The darker red areas are the times it hit the breaks to move. I can also overlay the altitude data, and position data, and you'll see the drone moving side ways or upwards in every instance.
I've just had a look and can confirm . I did notice that when it came back into range it did keep stopping and then regaining its path however there was nothing near it. The trees in the park where I fly are only around 30ft high. There are no power lines or other obstacle either.

Your compass failed over twice, for excessive noise. Once the noise disappeared it switched back to primary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji