DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any help pls? / compass redundancy / download data connection lost

Hi , I'm unable to copy or save the dat files from the memory card , even if I go into **** utility and create new image it isn't allowing me to??

DJI Assistant is not even necessary for the .DAT files of flight logs. I found them on the SD card. They are hidden, so keep that in mind.

The black box data is probably a different story. As I understand it, the Mavic also has an internal SD card permanently installed, so you probably need DJI Assistant for that data.

@BudWalker I think I've analyzed what I could. If you find anything I missed, let me know.
The noise on the back compass is caused by Sport mode, full elevator and the high current in wires to the back motors. This Mavic probably needs to have the fix being discussed in this thread.
upload_2017-3-10_16-44-42.png
upload_2017-3-10_16-44-54.png

Re the obstacle avoidance issue I just couldn't resist the eye candy where you can see the Mavic braking, sidestepping and ascending to get around the "obstacles".
upload_2017-3-10_16-49-22.png
upload_2017-3-10_16-50-4.png

The noise on the back compass is caused by Sport mode, full elevator and the high current in wires to the back motors. This Mavic probably needs to have the fix being discussed in this thread.
View attachment 8181
View attachment 8182

Re the obstacle avoidance issue I just couldn't resist the eye candy where you can see the Mavic braking, sidestepping and ascending to get around the "obstacles".
View attachment 8183
View attachment 8185

so this morning I decided to open her up, twist the wires for the back legs and take her out for a spin.
No compass errors on screen and only once did the phone lose signal(dodgy lead i think).
Would one of you pls be able to look at the .dat data to see if the mod has improved the interference to the back compass. I'm sure it has but it would be nice to see the data on a chart. I will post the flight details below.

so this morning I decided to open her up, twist the wires for the back legs and take her out for a spin.
No compass errors on screen and only once did the phone lose signal(dodgy lead i think).
Would one of you pls be able to look at the .dat data to see if the mod has improved the interference to the back compass. I'm sure it has but it would be nice to see the data on a chart. I will post the flight details below.
Sure, if you post another Dropbox link to a .DAT from one of the post-fix flights then @Cyberpower678 or I will take a look.

These files are hug, but when your software converts them, it's radically smaller. What's it leaving out?
The simple answer is that CsvView/DatCon is leaving out almost everything. It's even worse when you consider that the .DAT is binary and the .csv is a text file with a lot of white space. CsvView/DatCon is the result of having reverse engineered the .DAT file. The stuff you see in the .csv reflects what's been reverse engineered.

The simple answer is that CsvView/DatCon is leaving out almost everything. It's even worse when you consider that the .DAT is binary and the .csv is a text file with a lot of white space. CsvView/DatCon is the result of having reverse engineered the .DAT file. The stuff you see in the .csv reflects what's been reverse engineered.
I'd be curious to know what information it is leaving out. That's a **** ton of detail.

I'd be curious to know what information it is leaving out. That's a **** ton of detail.
I'd be curious too;). I've seen a lot of stuff that looks to me like it is probably intermediate results of calculations.

Reactions: cardplayer71
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa