DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any luck with horizon slant gimbal repair?

Mike S.

Reactions
I feel like in the past month my gimbal has been off with the horizon being terribly slanted every time I move side to side or spin. I've tried to fix it with an IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, gimbal roll adjustment. With the gimbal roll it will straighten out but after a few more minutes of flying the horizon will become tilted again.

Has anyone had any luck with either of these options to the slanted horizon:
1. Resetting the firmware back to factory using DJI Assistant app then bringing it all the way back or.
2. Getting a new gimbal after sending it in for a repair.

Attachments

• park1.JPG
    park1.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 48
  • shore 1.JPG
    shore 1.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 53
1. Im not brave enough to try that. Then have to update to recent again. No way.
2. Yes and same problem with new one. I have seen it alot. Try adjusting your exponential curves down so your turns and yaws are not so abrupt and smoother. It wont make the gimbal work as hard and have to readjust itself.

Just check the obvious, are all the plate mounting rubbers in place, and has the plate somehow bounced free of one of the retainers?
In the DJI preflight check Tutorial Video they suggest pilots check these points before flight.
I'm thinking that if the gimbal is mechanically held on the tilt it 'gives up' applying a correction, because it 'knows' the amount of correction it is applying is unfeasible, in normal circumstances.

Regards.

Reactions: Pancaro77
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61