DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any one buy a mavic from B&H photo

I ordered the Fly More combo last Thursday for B&H, and now I'm just waiting for them to come into stock. Seems about 95% of the vendors out there are backordered on this combo right now. B&H has a good reputation, so I went with them. Amazon charges tax for my state now, so they are out.

Yeah I have been watching it for the last three weeks. They have been coming in and out of stock but it was only taking a few days for them to have them. Of course I am ready to buy and they are not there. Story of my life only reason I want to wait for B&H is I want some other stuff from there and it's less then 49 bucks so I don't qualify for free shipping unless the mavic is on it. Let me know when yours ships if ya could

I ordered my Mavic Fly More last Monday morning (Mar 13), I looked at it, it said they had some in stock. Then about an hour later, it said that they had none (waiting time of 3-7 business days). I ordered it then. I went to the bank that afternoon to send my wire transfer. And then on Wednesday morning I got an email saying that it shipped. I paid the extra $32 for faster shipping (2-6 business days from the time they have them in stock). If I went with the 'Free Shipping', it would've been 4-9 business days. I should also mention that it is shipping to Canada, the prairies. I've been checking the tracking number a few times a day since then, and it says that it'll be here by end of the day Wed. (Mar 22).
So, if that will happen, then it'll be 7 business days from order (or 9 regular days).

As for B&H, they are awesome, I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them in the past, and I can't see that stopping any time soon. I've even had to send something back (my fault for not realizing how big in size the item was, and it was too big for my needs), and there was no problem with them refunding my money.
I've said that it's a good thing there is no B&H near my as I would be in debt to them for all the stuff I'd buy, or I might as well put a cot in the corner as I would be there so much.

I ordered my Mavic Fly More last Monday morning (Mar 13), I looked at it, it said they had some in stock. Then about an hour later, it said that they had none (waiting time of 3-7 business days). I ordered it then. I went to the bank that afternoon to send my wire transfer. And then on Wednesday morning I got an email saying that it shipped. I paid the extra $32 for faster shipping (2-6 business days from the time they have them in stock). If I went with the 'Free Shipping', it would've been 4-9 business days. I should also mention that it is shipping to Canada, the prairies. I've been checking the tracking number a few times a day since then, and it says that it'll be here by end of the day Wed. (Mar 22).
So, if that will happen, then it'll be 7 business days from order (or 9 regular days).

As for B&H, they are awesome, I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them in the past, and I can't see that stopping any time soon. I've even had to send something back (my fault for not realizing how big in size the item was, and it was too big for my needs), and there was no problem with them refunding my money.
I've said that it's a good thing there is no B&H near my as I would be in debt to them for all the stuff I'd buy, or I might as well put a cot in the corner as I would be there so much.

If they'd open somewhere in 500 mile radius from me I'd go bankrupt in few days.... [emoji23]

Doodle did you buy it from B&H or DJI ?

I ordered from B&H.
And I just looked at the tracking number, it says 'On vehicle for delivery'. The 4 sexiest words anyone can see when they order something online. Haha

Its gonna be here soon.
So I guess from the day I ordered it, it was 6 business days

A couple more things I thought of.....
1 - I also ordered the 'DJI Care Refresh for Mavic Pro'. Reason....you just spent $1300, what is an extra $100 for some insurance on your drone, that includes 2 replacements on it within 1 year.
2 - If you are going to order one no matter what, may as well do it anytime. Even when it says more on way. Because unless you are checking the page every 10 minutes, there could be one there, when you are not checking it, then could be gone. You could be waiting awhile. Whereas, if you just order one, then you will get one when one comes in. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe a lot of businesses are like this, but when you order something that is on back order (and you pay with credit card), you don't actually get charged it until it comes in. So you are essentially when they get their shipment in (lets say 10 come in), one of those 10 will have your name on it.
So like I said, if you know you are going to order one, just go ahead and do it.

Last edited:
I ordered from B&H.
And I just looked at the tracking number, it says 'On vehicle for delivery'. The 4 sexiest words anyone can see when they order something online. Haha

Its gonna be here soon.
So I guess from the day I ordered it, it was 6 business days

A couple more things I thought of.....
1 - I also ordered the 'DJI Care Refresh for Mavic Pro'. Reason....you just spent $1300, what is an extra $100 for some insurance on your drone, that includes 2 replacements on it within 1 year.
2 - If you are going to order one no matter what, may as well do it anytime. Even when it says more on way. Because unless you are checking the page every 10 minutes, there could be one there, when you are not checking it, then could be gone. You could be waiting awhile. Whereas, if you just order one, then you will get one when one comes in. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe a lot of businesses are like this, but when you order something that is on back order (and you pay with credit card), you don't actually get charged it until it comes in. So you are essentially when they get their shipment in (lets say 10 come in), one of those 10 will have your name on it.
So like I said, if you know you are going to order one, just go ahead and do it.

Who's B&H's shipper fed ex, UPS. I am thinking about getting ins through State Farm and not DJIcare refresh. It's 60 bucks a year and covers anything. If I do lose it, wreck it and they write a check for a new one then I will buy a new one and if they cancel my policy then I will pay the extra for refresh but it's 100 bucks for it plus 79 for the first mess up and 129 for the sec. so you could pay 300 bucks all together in the first year. Is my thinking off? I got out on there email list and the list is numbered so If joe blow put his email before me then he will get it before I and it will let me know when they have one in stock for sone reasons I just don't like stuff pending in my account if it's like a day or so no biggie but heck it could be a week or more. Till they get some in.

Reactions: Costa2003
Who's B&H's shipper fed ex, UPS. I am thinking about getting ins through State Farm and not DJIcare refresh. It's 60 bucks a year and covers anything. If I do lose it, wreck it and they write a check for a new one then I will buy a new one and if they cancel my policy then I will pay the extra for refresh

B&H's shipping for me is Purolator Ground. I'm not sure where you are, but it may be different.

I'm not familiar with State Farm Insurance as we don't have them here in Canada. For me, the DJI care refresh is worth it (or at least I think it is) where for $100, then another $80, if I wreck the first one, it's a lot cheaper than purchasing another one

Reactions: Mjonesy758
I had to cancel my order at B&H. Their backordered, 3-7 business day estimate, had come and gone. I found the fly more combo elsewhere (InnovativeUAS), and now I finally have my first one on the way! This should be quite a step up from my little Hubsan.

Going to order from DJI Monday morning fly more combo I see some people get there shipped from Atlanta is this true or do they come from China I am having it shipped to my work and we are not open on Saturdays and fed ex delivers on Saturday hope the hold off time Monday if that's when it comes

Going to order from DJI Monday morning fly more combo I see some people get there shipped from Atlanta is this true or do they come from China I am having it shipped to my work and we are not open on Saturdays and fed ex delivers on Saturday hope the hold off time Monday if that's when it comes
Sign up for a free account through FedEx (if needed) and redirect the shipment to your nearest FedEx. Then you can go pick it up whenever. If you do it right away, I don't think it even delays shipping time at all.

Sign up for a free account through FedEx (if needed) and redirect the shipment to your nearest FedEx. Then you can go pick it up whenever.
Unfortunately, DJI no longer allows their FedEx packages to be redirected.

I have heard if fed ex makes two attempts that it will get shipped back to sender but I would think if they deliver to a Business and it's not open they would try next business day that they are open no one is home at my house during the day that's why I want to send it to my work

My order through InnovativeUAS went out pretty fast, via FedEx. It will be here Tuesday.

I have a few things I want to buy from there was wondering if anyone bought there mavic from there and how fast was the shipping it is the same price as DJI. Any info would help.

I wait 90 days after my order of Mavic from BeH, and always was out of stock. So I decided to cancel the order and do the same by DJI web site. In 10 days the drone was at home of a my usa friend who order for me it.

Reactions: Mjonesy758
Ordered a fly more combo from DJI yesterday morning. Got a email from B&H that they were back in stock Monday evening day. O well sticking with DJI by the time I get a refund and money back in my account B&H will be sold back out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e