DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to stop the warning messages on the DJI Go app?

mavicoz

Reactions
I have an iPhone and everything works flawless on my Mavic. The only thing that annoys me are the little warning messages that come up on my screen like every 20 seconds or so. I looked in the general settings to see if I can stop those annoying messages. I know DJI put them there to help us but I get lots of warning messages which makes viewing whatever I'm recording or viewing very difficult to see.

Of course there is a way. Old School - Observe exactly where on your devices screen the messages are being displayed. Then take a piece of electrical tape or gaffers tape or black duct tape and cut a section of it that is the same size as the area of the warning message. Affix to that area of the screen.

Boom ! Done

See if I can stop those annoying messages.

Maybe... um, read the warning message, and fix/avoid/update/change what you're doing that brings them to the screen? We can't help if we don't know what the messages say.

Then take a piece of electrical tape or gaffers tape or black duct tape and cut a section of it that is the same size as the area of the warning message.

This solution works. It has caused more highway engine block fires than you can count... but the drivers never had that nagging "low oil!" light to annoy them.

Reactions: Thomas B and BD0G
Maybe... um, read the warning message, and fix/avoid/update/change what you're doing that brings them to the screen? We can't help if we don't know what the messages say.

This solution works. It has caused more highway engine block fires than you can count... but the drivers never had that nagging "low oil!" light to annoy them.

LOL! Great post! I had a check engine light on for ages in my Jeep Wrangler. I knew it was a result of removal of California Smog devices by the previous owner in another state other than California. There were no other issues with the Jeep as I maintain the vehicle impeccably. So I just pulled the dash panel over the speedo and removed the bulb for the Check Engine Light.

Simple , effective, and no block fires to date :p

There is another light that looks a bit like an oil can on the dash that illuminates when oil pressure drops. That light is separate from the Check Engine Light.

Reactions: SkyNinja

Warning should be suppressible, especially so for wind warnings. I was flying yesterday in a 20km/h breeze and every 30 seconds would get the warning about wind. I knew it was windy and had made the calculation that it was fine to still fly (and the Mavic dealt with the wind just fine). I wish I had been able to "hush" the warning for 5 minutes. Same with gimbal max pitch, that pops up consistently if you're flying hard in sports mode and would be great to snooze.

Reactions: SkyNinja
DJI needs to make sure those warning are presented so that if something happens that could call thier ability to notify the pilot of a potentially unsafe condition into question . They would be able to show using the flight log that those messages were transmited to the pilot and the pilot continued flight thus causing the issue to occur.

Its about Covering thier *****.

DJI needs to make sure those warning are presented so that if something happens that could call thier ability to notify the pilot of a potentially unsafe condition into question . They would be able to show using the flight log that those messages were transmited to the pilot and the pilot continued flight thus causing the issue to occur.

Yeah, I thought as much, it is very frustrating to have such a large area of a small screen covered by them constantly and as said, would very much like to snooze a warning after seeing it the first time.

Of course there is a way. Old School - Observe exactly where on your devices screen the messages are being displayed. Then take a piece of electrical tape or gaffers tape or black duct tape and cut a section of it that is the same size as the area of the warning message. Affix to that area of the screen.

Boom ! Done

i did this, didnt work do you have any other method ;)

Yes this is correct. The point is that in order for those messages to go away , the user needs to actually dismiss the issue.
The most typical (and the one we love the most) is the air speed warning.

If there was a malfunction on the craft but if they show from the logs that you tapped and dismissed the warning they will say it was your fault - minimizing warranty claims, typical Chinese company. Sorry to say but its true.

Yes this is correct. The point is that in order for those messages to go away , the user needs to actually dismiss the issue.
The most typical (and the one we love the most) is the air speed warning.

If there was a malfunction on the craft but if they show from the logs that you tapped and dismissed the warning they will say it was your fault - minimizing warranty claims, typical Chinese company. Sorry to say but its true.

The problem is that the message keeps coming back after it's dismissed :'(

Perfect example is the wind warning. If it's still windy, then 15-30 second slater, the same message is back on the screen. Flew for an hour yesterday with the message constantly coming back. Haha.

A more annoying message now pops up 1 sec after dismissing it and that is that the craft is possibly beyond line of sight. Essentially it is there the whole time and interferes with composing a photo. Same with the wind warning. A switching off option would be good and agree not to hold DJI liable for any consequences arising from the deactivation.

Essentially it is there the whole time and interferes with composing a photo.

Do the message show up in the footage you record on the drone? I never had a message being displayed in the footage on the SD-card.

I have to give into consideration, that the amount of people shutting of the warnings and then complaining something went wrong, including complains about bad DJI and drones that make themself independent, would raise fast. In many of the threads about disapeared drones, I can see warnings showing up in the log (that had been displayed during filght) that got ignored and the operator still was wondering what went wrong. I would say, live with the warning, it might save you one day.

The only warning I have had which was drone threatening was a battery error one. It flashed up for a few secs (when I wasn't looking at the screen because you are supposed to fly VLOS), then disappeared of its own accord without having to tap a X. These annoying wind messages and the latest that 'you are too far away for LOS' need the operator to stab the X. That means letting go off a stick for a few secs (potential dangerous), but it is the permanence of the 'you are too far away' message that is really annoying and should be optional to disable or have appear briefly like the battery error one.

Reactions: Stacy
Maybe fly 'within VLOS' Surprisingly less messages telling you you are breaching regs
I'm not worried about those messages, it is the battery state or loss of signal messages that can be critical.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54